What a
whirlwind of a trip! We just got back from traveling to WI for Andrew’s
grandma’s 85th birthday. I have to say I had a lot of first
experiences. It was my first time to WI, our first time to flying with both
girls, and my first time meeting the other half of Andrew’s extended family. We
all had a great time and are currently recovering from change in time zones
again.
Highlights
in order of occurrence:
How
excited Kayley got to go on an airplane. She laughed and giggled with delight
for both landings.
 |
| Ready to fly! |
 |
| OoOoO! WOW! |
Seeing
the differences between WA/CA and WI: The architecture, amount of snow, and that
the roads are clear even though there’s snow everywhere (doesn’t happen in WA
the way it does in WI. I also learned that people in WI are given 48 hours to
clear the sidewalk of snow outside their house, or else they’re fined). We also
had a beautiful sunset on our drive from the airport.
 |
| Milwaukee |
 |
| Farm in the snow |
 |
| Beautiful sunset! |
Playing
in the snow as a family our first morning in WI. The snow is different than the
snow that we get here. We thus made “stack snowmen.”
 |
| Sisters in the snow |
 |
| The stack snowman enjoying the sunshine in the freezing temperature |
Meeting
Jerry, Mary, Laura and Jeremie, and seeing the girls warm up to them all.
 |
| Shilo loved Mary's necklace |
 |
| Playing with Uncle Jerry |
 |
| Fishing with Grandpa and Grandma V |
Grandma’s
85th birthday party! So great to celebrate her, and also meet so
much of my new family. Kayley took some time to warm up to everyone, but then
she was running around with all the kids having a blast. I’m proud to say that
I was able to name all family members I met without looking at their name tag.
Now let’s hope I don’t forget any.
 |
| Grandma cutting her cake |
 |
| So many people came to celebrate Grandma's birthday |
 |
| Photo time! |
 |
| The cousins and most their kids. |
We had
dinner as a family at a local place called 7 Angels. I believe this is when
Kayley decided to turn into a picky eater for the rest of our trip.
Lunch
at Marv and Annie’s was fun too. Grandma, Rick and Andrew’s folks joined us.
The girls had fun making everyone laugh and smile.
 |
| Hnaging out with Annie |
 |
| Laughing at Kayley's answer to "Who's the cutest" |
 |
| Hanging out with Uncle Rick (not to be confused with the WA Uncle Rick) |
We took
a family trip to Lake Michigan, and stayed in the car 95% of the time. The only
time we got out was to buy some snacks from Piggly Wiggly, and snap a few
photos. It was freezing outside and the wind was blowing strong. We didn’t want
the girls’ colds or mine getting worse.
 |
| Lake Michaigan |
 |
| To prove we were there! |
The
next morning we went to see a memorial for veterans of foreign wars. A few
family members are recognized, including Andrew’s dad and grandpa. Then we went
to Green Bay to visit Lambeau Field, home of the Packers, and had lunch at a
local fast food joint called Culver’s.
 |
| It was so cold we didn't even want to uncover Shilo |
 |
| Outside the stadium |
 |
| Kayley gives it the thumbs up approval |
Our
last big family event was dinner at Grandma’s. We arrived late due to the girls
napping, but it was worth it because we had a tone of fun playing in the snow
again. This time Kayley was more into it and excited to play. Uncle Paul had a blast
pulling Kayley around on a sled, and I even got to pull our giggly Shilo around
on a saucer. It was great being able to see almost everyone one last time.
 |
| Let's go, Shilo! |
 |
| Uncle Paul giving Kayley a ride |
 |
| Some of the family spectators |
 |
| Hanging out in the snow |
 |
| Learning how to use a snow shovel |
 |
| Hanging out at Grandma's |
 |
| Getting love from Aunt Nancy |
 |
| The girls with their great grandma! |
Our
flight home went well. Again, Kayley didn’t nap at all, and this time Shilo
only cat napped. It was longer flying back due to the wind not being in our
favor, and Kayley was done when we had about an hour left. Good thing we had
Disney finger puppets as our “last resort” toy!
 |
| So sad to leave |
 |
| Disney Princess finger puppets!!! |
 |
| Shilo was tired of us holding her, so I sat her on the tray |
Now we’re
back home and trying to adjust to the time change. There is so much more I
could say, but I hope the pictures help to tell the story. I am so glad we were
able to go on our trip. I’ve wanted to meet the rest of my new extended family
ever since I married Andrew. I still need to meet a few cousins, so hopefully
next time. Happy 85th Birthday Grandma!
 |
| The girls with their Grandpa and Grandma V |
 |
| Chillin' in the snow |
 |
| Happy birthday, Grandma! |
 |
| Grandma with the cousins and their kids. |
No comments:
Post a Comment