Kayley
loves to do all kinds of art, so when I told her we were going to do a craft
with eggs, she got really excited, even though she didn’t know what an egg was
(I’m slightly allergic, and it seems she’s at least sensitive to them, so we
don’t have many eggs in our home). So, a few days before Easter, I took out our
Disney Princess Egg Dye kit she picked. After the table, and all the different
bowls of dye were set up, Kayley donned on her craft smock. I explained to her she
had to be gentle to the eggs or they would break, and then let her hold one as
I told her what we were going to do. She wanted to know what all the colors
were, so we named the colors several time before actually starting.
 |
| Intently listening to what we are going to do |
Together
we placed the first egg on the dipping utensil, and gently put an egg in the
pink dye. I showed her how to move the egg with the utensil so the whole egg
would change colors. She thought it was pretty cool the egg changed colors and
gave the event a few excited “WOW!!!!”s and “OOOOHHH!!!”s. We did a couple eggs
just plain before I introduced the white crayon to her.
 |
| Making sure the egg is colored all the way |
 |
| Mix it up! |
Kayley
was excited to color the egg. Ironically, white is one of her favorite crayons
to color with, so she already knew she wouldn’t be able to see her drawings much.
She did have a hard time pressing down hard enough to color while holding the
egg, so she asked me to draw too. She was even more amazed when we put the eggs
that had been colored into dye and you could see what was drawn.
 |
| Coloring her egg with a white crayon |
 |
| Wow! |
Day one
we dyed 12 eggs. The next day when they were dry we got out the stickers that
came with the kit and decorated the eggs some more. She likes stickers, but
these stickers didn’t stick to the eggs that well, so she lost interest half
way through. All of the eggs turned out amazing!
 |
| The eggs pre-stickers |
No comments:
Post a Comment