After
our drive south with the girls, and a pretty decent night sleep, we headed out
to meet up with my brother, Tim, his wife (Beth) and daughter (Addie). Kayley
was super excited about seeing Addie. She had been talking about flying to go
play with her cousin for over a week. We met at a park so the girls could play
and we all could catch up. Shilo was happy to meet her uncle and aunt for the
first time.
 |
| All the girls on the slide with Tim |
After
some park play we had some lunch at a place that had fountains outside to play
in. Shilo wasn’t too thrilled about getting splashed, but Kayley and Addie ran
around with glee getting soaking wet. After all the excitement, Kayley got to
have her first cousin sleepover for nap time at Tim’s. We weren’t really sure
how Kayley would handle it, but I guess both girls were so tired that they fell
asleep pretty fast.
 |
| Cousin play! |
I
actually left at this point to have a girl’s night with my friend Courtney. The
whole reason for us making our trip to Cali was to celebrate Courtney getting
married. I’m honored to say I had the privilege to be her matron of honor. ^_^
But for our ladies’ night out we got our nails ready for her special day, had a
fabulous dinner at Benihana, and had fun playing miniature golf at Boomers. I
heard Andrew and the girls had a fun time having dinner at In N’ Out and having
a night time playtime at a park with Tim, Beth and Addie.
The
next day was Courtney’s big day. Kayley was excited to see me all dressed up,
and see Courtney dressed up like a princess. I’m happy I FINALLY got to meet
Josh and give him the traditional “best friend talk.” And then we all got to
celebrate Courtney and Josh’s marriage!
 |
| Congrats Courtney and Josh! |
 |
| All dressed up |
Since
this was our last night in town, we ended our evening with frozen yogurt with
Tim, Beth and Addie. It was so good to see them again. I can’t wait for their
little baby boy to be born sometime around October.
 |
| Cousin love |
 |
| All the girls! |
Our
trip home went pretty smooth considering Kayley didn’t nap all day… She was
whiny off and on during our flight, but thankfully not too loud. She was just
so tired so didn’t know what she wanted to do, but too excited about our flight
and being on an airplane to relax enough to take a nap. Shilo on the other hand
easily fell asleep in my arms and was happy for the whole flight. Both girls
were excited to see their Maimie who picked us up from the airport.
 |
| Sleepy baby |
 |
| Pouting toddler |
Over
all we had a great trip to California. Yes the whole flying down, having a road
trip and then flying home was a little crazy, but it allowed us to see more
family and enjoy the beautiful sunshine. Andrew and I are both surprised at how
well the girls did. I think we owe much thanks to God for answering prayers
about that!
 |
| With the Maimie |
No comments:
Post a Comment