Kayley and I have both been going through changes recently. Kayley has been growing, and I have been slowly going down in size since I gave birth to her. For Kayley I think it has been easier for her in the clothes area to adapt than me.
Right now she is primarily wearing 3/6 month clothes and 6 months clothes. There are still a few 3 months clothes that fit her, but those are slowly getting to be snugger around her tummy and getting harder to snap together down at her tush. And she has been in size 2 diaper for a couple weeks now. So basically what I’m saying is that we aren’t having any trouble finding clothes that fit Kayley just right. Although we have found that she is not a huge fan of sleepers. They keep her too hot at night right now, and she cannot stretch her legs out straight in them. She thus prefers to sleep in a onsie with socks.
As for me? I am in between sizes and finding it to be most difficult to find pants that fit me. They either are perfect for me standing up, and then to tight when I sit down. Or they’re perfect when I sit down, but too loose when I’m standing up. I partially blame this on my hips widening out due to giving birth to Kayley (though they will be perfect for resting her on when she gets a little bigger. That’s why women have hips, right? To give birth to their children and to rest their children on when they get older). I’ve always hated pant shopping and this makes it so frustrating! As for shirts, well, the number of shirts that fit me right is about the same or less than the number of shirts that fit me while pregnant. This is due to still having a belly so my smaller shirts don’t fit me yet, but my larger size shirts don’t fit me either because they’re too tight across my chest.
Yes I could go out and buy more clothes, but my body is still changing so much that I don’t know how long something will fit me for. I don’t really want to buy something and then find out a week or two later that it doesn’t fit any more.
Alright, hopefully I have that all out of my system now so poor Andrew doesn’t have to hear me complain about it anymore. Or at least not as often.
I do think it’s amazing how much Kayley has been growing, and that she can already wear 6 month clothes! There are some super cute outfits that I wish she still fit into though. Who knows, maybe Andrew and I will have a second little girl in the future and she can wear all those cute clothes.
No comments:
Post a Comment