Friday, November 11, 2011

Six Month Check-Up

Six Months Old!
Kayley had her six month check-up earlier this week on Wednesday. I learned something that should seem very obvious… Babies are hard to measure. Why do I say this? Well, if I went by numbers and not experience I would think my baby shrunk. She was measured at half an inch shorter than two months ago even though she’s wearing bigger size clothes than two months ago. So yes, babies squirm and it makes it hard to get an accurate measurement. Here are the numbers though:

Weight: 16lbs and 11oz (50-75%)
Height: 26.5 inches (75-90%) <-- Yeah, I don’t believe this number. This is what I measured her at today:
At home measurement: 27 ¼ inches (she must have been measured long last time before she totally grew more than ¼ inch)
Head circumference: 16 ¾ inches (50%)

Her appointment went really well. Kayley really enjoyed playing with the paper that’s laid out on the examination table/bed. She loved how it crinkled in her hands and under her feet. She ended up tearing a huge piece of it off. It was pretty funny watching her play with it. She was very excited about it.

Crinkle paper!

One thing we’ll have to keep an eye on is Kayley’s back. She’s been starting to have a rash on her back that appeared and stayed Wednesday morning. We’ve seen it before, but it usually came and faded pretty quickly, but it hasn’t gone away since Wednesday now. Z said it could be eczema or just a reaction to the cold and to put Vaseline on it. Hopefully that will help and it won’t get worse and it will go away. But sensitive skin runs in my family, and I have a cousin and niece who have eczema. So it’s very possible that’s what it is.

At this doctor visit Kayley had an oral immunization and 4 shots, which included a flu shot. She’s starting to learn how to keep her mouth closed when she doesn’t want something in it, but she didn’t fight too hard against the oral immunization. As for the shots… I nearly cried when she got them! It was the loudest pain cry I have ever heard her cry, and she was looking up at me like “mommy it hurts, why are you letting this happen.” It was breaking my heart to see her cry so. It was really hard having to wait for her to have all four shots before I could pick her up and hug her. Kayley was a trooper though and calmed down after some mommy love. 

Both of us recovering after her shots


She totally conked out in the car in about a minute on our way home and slept for two and a half hours. It was near her nap time, but I think her doctor appointment really took it out of her. 

Home and asleep in her car seat. I was going to take her out, but ended up just letting her sleep in her car seat, hence it being unbuckled.

1 comment:

  1. She weighs the same as C did at her 6 month check up. :) We know all about eczema here. X has constant outbreaks we've had to treat daily since he was 4 months old. C had one outbreak at 4 months old, and hasn't had another since: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.594655748233.2125366.28204369&type=1#!/photo.php?fbid=596088177633&set=a.594655748233.2125366.28204369&type=3&theater

    Glad she's growing well and healthy :)

    ReplyDelete