Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween



Last year was Kayley’s first Halloween, but she was too young to take to any special events or trick-or-treating. This year though we dressed her up as a little duck and took her to a Harvest Carnival and Trunk-or-Treating.

The Harvest Carnival was at the church my MOPS group meets at. They had games and a play area set up for the little kids. Andrew wasn’t able to go with us, but my mom joined us and so did Andrew’s folks (they came to visit a few days after Shilo was born). It was actually the first time I had the girls by myself and had a set time to meet people somewhere. I’m am proud to say the three of us got to the Harvest Carnival right when I said we would, though I doubt I will always have such luck. Kayley was excited to be dressed up as a duck and was quack, quack, quacking everywhere. She was also excited she got to spend time with all three of her grandparents. Shilo was fast asleep in the bjorn the whole time.

Tossing a ping pong ball into little vases

Throw the ball to hit the target

Toilet paper toss

Going fishing for treasure
Frosting a cookie

The grandparents really got into Kayley's cookie decorating

First time in a bounce house

Crazy hair from playing in the blow up fire station

Arts and craft time

Me and my girls: 80s girl, little duck, and baby bear.
We didn’t actually have any plans for Halloween day, but I got a call from my sister saying my niece, Katie, wanted to take Kayley trick-or-treating if we were okay with that (Kayley had spent the day up at the farm so I could have a bit of a break and take it easy with just Shilo at home). So, when Andrew got home from work, we talked about it and decided to go up to the farm for dinner and that he would join Katie and Kayley trick-or-treating. I actually ended up going with them too since Shilo ate right before they were going to leave. The four of us went trunk-or-treating at a church near the farm. Kayley wasn’t so sure about everyone being dressed up and being in a completely new place, but she did play a few games and slowly got the hang of trick-or-treating. Most the time she would sign please before picking out a piece of candy, but she always signed thank you and many times said goodbye as we moved to the next decorated trunk. It was pretty cute, and my goodness did she get a lot of candy! Little does she know that the candy is mostly for mommy and daddy. I did split a fun size bag of M&Ms with her last night (her first candy experience) and she thought those were pretty good.

Anime girl, little duck, 70s man

Meeting a lion! Kayley was excited and roaring.

Inside a fire truck

Getting candy from Winnie the Pooh

Bean bag toss

70s man, little duck, monkey
Kayley seems to be enjoying imaginary play a lot lately, so I think the duck outfit will have to come out again just to have fun around the house!

Quack! Quack! Quack!

No comments:

Post a Comment