Kayley
has had a little sister for two weeks now. I think she has been adjusting
rather well. We make sure she gets lots of Kayley time and snuggles from mama
and dada to help with the transition. She really likes to help out with her
little sister though. She’ll give me a burp cloth, help burp the baby, and rub
her back too. We just have to try and tell her she is not allowed to pick the
baby up or hold her by herself. She loves holding her little sister and looks
so proud and happy when she does it.
 |
| A photographer was able to catch the moment when Kayley and Shilo met for the first time |
 |
| Kayley checking out her little sister |
 |
| Holding Shilo for the first time. |
I think
it’s good that Kayley had so much baby exposure before Shilo was born. We
wanted her to get used to the fact that mommy and daddy will hold other babies,
but that doesn’t mean we love her any less. Kayley has been learning all about
breastfeeding too. I’ve been teaching her that when Shilo cries, most the time
it means she’s hungry. Kayley is extremely adamant about helping Shilo when she
is crying and telling me Shilo is hungry and I need to feed her. It’s really
rather cute. And Kayley loves to sit next to me when Shilo is eating. Kayley
will watch, read a book, watch Blue’s Clues, or play with a toy while I’m
taking care of Shilo. Sometimes she will get her baby Hannah doll and mimic
what I am doing.
 |
| Sister love |
 |
| Reading to her little sister |
 |
| Kayley wanted to be involved with Shilo's bath time |
Hopefully
this transition will continue to go well and that Kayley and Shilo will grow up
to be close sisters and great playmates.
 |
| At the grocery store; our first outing as a family of four |
 |
| Shopping with mom and Maimie in the double stroller |
No comments:
Post a Comment