People
say when you have young children your household gets sick more often. And the
more people you have in your household, the longer a sickness takes to enter
and leave it. We have discovered this is so true! You’d think the last bit of
spring and the first start of summer you wouldn’t get a cold that makes you
feel like it’s fall or winter. But our household had two in the last 5 weeks
that took us out of commission for 4.
The
last cold that hit us made Shilo the most sick. It was the first time we had to
deal with high temperatures and really keep a close eye on it. Poor Shilo had a
moderately high fever for just over three days. Thankfully it never got high
enough that we had to go to the ER, but it was still pretty bad. Seeing and
caring for a baby that is so sick is miserable. And I’m not referring to the
constant crying and getting barely any sleep. It’s having to see this look in
their eyes that says “help me! I don’t know what’s wrong. Why do I feel like
this? How come I don’t feel better when you hold me, love on me or feed me?” It
was so sad and depressing.
I am so
thankful Shilo is getting back to being 100% healthy. She’s nearly there! She
just has a cough and a very slight runny nose. Kayley is almost all the way
better too. Her nose is looking much better. Please pray that all of us are
100% healthy for our trip that is coming up. Flying when congested is never
fun, and I’m sure flying with children that are congested would be horrible not
only for us but everyone else on the plane…
We hope
we’ll be able to get back to a “normal” life too. Being sick has worn us out
and we feel so disconnected from the world around us. I don’t think we’ve seen
friends in over 6 weeks! We’re happy family doesn’t mind if you’re sick around
them (especially when they have the same cold) so we were able to see my niece
graduate from high school and hang out with my nephew home from war before he
had to go back to base.
No comments:
Post a Comment