This last weekend was started off with Kayley and I saying happy birthday to Andrew!
His birthday was on Friday, so we thus celebrated the 28 years God has blessed him with after he got off work. I believe Andrew had an extra fun time celebrating his birthday this year since it was his first as a father and second as a husband. The first thing he did when he walked through the door after work was to give Kayley and I a big hug and then picked up Kayley to snuggle her to thank her for her birthday wish (picture above). We went on a fun family adventure to H-Mart where we shared a chicken katsu (so good!), and then had desert at Menchies. Kayley slept through dinner, but she was wide-eyed when we were at Menchies. Maybe she was hoping we’d share some ice cream with her.
| Yummy! |
| I need to get better at aiming the camera to get Kayley in the photo when she's in the Bjorn. |
On Saturday Kayley and I went to our friend Melissa’s bridal shower. Kayley was yet again captivated by watching everyone who was there. So much so that when she started saying she was hungry, I fed her under my nursing cover and she was getting mad that she couldn’t look around. She thus only ate enough to satisfy herself for the time being so she could get back to people watching. And there was a lot of fun going on too, with great food, a cooking demo, fun games and Melissa opening up her gifts. Meanwhile at home, Andrew tackled a huge to-do list and got a lot done around our home. Thanks so much, love! All three of us were tired by the time it was late afternoon, so we ended our day with Mediterranean take-out and a movie. Kayley enjoyed playing with her toys, cuddling with us, and even watching a bit of TV.
| One of the games was for each table to design a wedding dress with toilet paper. |
Sunday was a packed day! We started off with the three of us being in my 4 to 5 year old Sunday school classroom. But it turns out all my students were out of town or didn’t make it to first service. So the three of us enjoyed time together, and hanging out with Patty talking about kids, children’s ministries and more. I guess Kayley really enjoyed playing because she slept through ALL of service. Well she was awake for the first half of the first worship song, but she didn’t wake up until after Pastor Craig said the benediction.
And then I learned a life lesson in motherhood: not only is it a good idea to have a spare shirt with you (which I carry in Kayley’s diaper bag), it is also a great idea to have an extra pair of pants (which I didn’t have). Little Miss Kayley’s tummy decided to make her diaper deposit extra explosive and not only did it go through her cute little diaper cover and the backside of the dress she had on, since she was sitting on my lap when it happened it also went through my jeans… Not a lot thank goodness, but enough for me to want to change clothes and be sad that I couldn’t. Thank God for baby wipes being able to clean up a lot! But I took the situation in stride as much as I could, had Andrew clean up Kayley while I cleaned up myself as much as possible and rinsed off her clothes as much as I could (and yes Kayley changed clothes; we always have 2 changes of outfits for our little one just in case).
| This is what she originally wore to church. |
After that little episode we enjoyed a fabulous lunch with our church’s young adult group, AMP. This month’s event was to cook a taste meal together, eat together, and fellowship together as we get to know one another more. Everyone did a phenomenal job! Even the set up for the buffet line and explanation of what each item was was fun. The food was so delicious and it was so great fellowshipping and sharing a meal together. I hope we’re able to do it again. Of course as soon as we got home I started a load of laundry.
| Working in the church kitchen together! |
No comments:
Post a Comment