Soon after I posted my list yesterday of Kayley’s developments thus far, she rolled over for the first time! And I totally missed it too. I was in the process of trying to get laundry started and had Kayley lying on a blanket with some of her toys in her bedroom. I kept pocking my head in to check on her, and one time when I did that I found her completely on her tummy! I was so excited! I pulled the camera out of my pocket (I had a feeling she was going to roll over yesterday) and took a picture of her as she turned to look up at me.
| Kayley looking up at me right after she rolled over. |
What did she do after she realized she was on her tummy? She cried. That has been her reaction so far to rolling over. First she gets this shocked look in her eyes like “what did I just do?” and then the tears start to well up, and then the crying ensues. I of course called Andrew right away at work after I praised Kayley and calmed her down. I just had to tell him what our little girl did. I was (and still am) so proud of her! And Andrew is too. He was able to enjoy watching her new skill in person last night.
| Proud Mama! |
| Proud Dada |
Way to go Kayley! Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you reading this development milestone! Keep working on your coordination and muscles development, little girl. We’ll be right here with you to help you along. Thank you, God, for helping our little girl grow as much as she has so far and helping her to reach a new milestone!
Congrats! How exciting!
ReplyDelete