| Dinner at Macaroni Grill |
But boy was she tired! She slept in the next morning and got some extra sleep before our fun celebratory evening of our two friends getting married. That’s right, Kayley went to her first wedding. Andrew and I sat in the back of the sanctuary for the ceremony in case Kayley started crying. Turns out she didn’t start crying, but instead started having fun making babbling noises, so I took her out of the sanctuary anyway and went up to the sky box (nursing mom’s room) at church. Kayley, and two of her future playmates, Noa and Quinn, had a great time babbling and laughing together throughout the whole rest of the ceremony.
| Dressed up for the wedding |
For the reception, Kayley was great, except that she wanted to be held and in an upright position the whole time and we had forgotten our Bjorn baby carrier at home… Oops! This made for a more energy draining evening for Andrew and I since we had to take turns carrying her the whole evening. Our girl isn’t a light feather anymore! She’s been putting on her baby-chub, so our arms were getting tired. We had a wonderful time celebrating with Vernon and Melissa anyway, and Kayley even got to share a dance with Vernon. ~ Congratulations, Vernon and Melissa!!! We’re so happy for you both!!!
Sunday was another eventful day. It was my last day being the teacher in the 4 and 5 year old Sunday school classroom since Marsha is teaching next week, and the week after that is Rally Sunday when the kids graduate and more up. No, no, I’m not stopping teaching. There is actually a slight age gap with the kids at church for those who come to 1st service and there are no children moving up into the class, so I am thus also graduating with my students and teaming up with Betty to teach in the 1st and 2nd grade classroom. I’m excited I get all my students back again!
| Birthday pic with my baby |
After church Andrew and I headed home to bake coconut cup cakes for the church picnic later that day. The weather was perfect for the picnic (and for my birthday ^_^). And Andrew and I made sure we brought the Bjorn with so our hands would be more free while at the picnic. We all had a great time with our church family. It was so nice to be able to spend so much time together, share and meal, and even play a few games with one another.
No comments:
Post a Comment