Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pumpkin-ing

While heading home from the Fall Conference we stopped by the Carlton Farm’s Pumpkin patch, just like we did last year. This time we met up with some friends, Wesley, Kelly, Jeremy, Hiro and Isamu. We started off our adventure by taking a hay ride down to the patch. Kayley enjoyed looking at the people and feeling hay for the first time. 

The hay ride
Then, Jeremy, Isamu, Andrew, Kayley and I went through the corn maze. We had to find the 10 riddles to figure out what the secret phrase was. They give you a map to use if you want so you won’t get too lost. We had fun zigzagging through the maze together trying to figure out the best way to go to each riddle. I think Kayley enjoyed looking at all the corn and at the people (sometimes very hyper children) that passed us by. It was a bit chilly when we first got there, so we had Kayley’s hood up. Well, her hood is a bit too big for her and loves to fall down over her face. So every once and a while she’s start making noise or kicking her feet in her Bjorn to get our attention to say “I can’t see!”

The maze

Following Isamu through the maze. He had great sense of direction!

In the middle of the corn maze
After we successfully found each riddle and discovered the secret phrase we joined Wesley, Kelly and Hiro in the pumpkin patch to find the perfect pumpkins. I found two small ones that I thought would be cute for Kayley, so I held them both up to her at the same time to see which one got her attention the most. She reached out and hit both of them at the same time! We ended up getting both. One is hers and one is Hoshi’s, I just don’t know which is which.

Looking for the perfect pumpkins
It was fun to point out pumpkins to her and talk to her about what pumpkins are and what color they are, etc. We ended up getting five pumpkins this year. No there is no secret message in the number of pumpkins we bought this year. =P This year we bought one for each member of our family including the cat, and one to make something out of. I think I’m going to make some baby food for Kayley and some pumpkin bread for us. I’ve never made pumpkin bread before, so we’ll see how that turns out. Hopefully delicious.  

Riding in the wheelbarrow and checking out our pumpkins
We had a great time with our friends at the pumpkin patch. I hope we can make going to Carlton Farm after Fall Conference our little family’s tradition and it would be fun to have people join us on the adventure again. Next year Kayley will probably be walking through the patch! Oh that’s going to be so much fun!

Pumpkins!

No comments:

Post a Comment