The start of October has signaled the start of activities for me the past couple years, and I’m glad I’ve been able to enter October with confidence that I can do these activities while being a new mom with a sweet baby girl. October is a time where I continue to be a Sunday school teacher, but I also take on the role of being one of the Christmas Musical directors for the Children’s Christmas Musical. Sometimes this also means creating backgrounds, props, etc. I’m not sure how involved I will be in that area this year, though I know I’m at least going to be giving input. Andrew marks the start of October as the time where he loses me and finds himself somehow painting something or making something. Though he just realized this happens twice a year, because I love helping out with Vacation Bible School during the summer too. ^_^
It’s also a time during the year when we plan the next two big holidays; Thanksgiving and Christmas! Whoohoo I’m looking forward to them both! Especially since they will be Kayley’s first!!! We haven’t figured out what we’re doing for Thanksgiving yet, but our Christmas plans are starting to come together more. We will be celebrating Christmas in California this year. We’re even making a little road trip out of it. I know, some of you probably think we’re crazy to do this during winter with a baby who will be 7 months old, but it’s a lot cheaper to drive to Cali from Seattle than it is to fly. Plus, I really enjoy road trips and we want Kayley to enjoy them (or at least begin to get used to them) too.
Christmas this year is going to be one to remember! Not only because it will be Kayley’s first, but it will be the last Christmas we will ever have in the house I grew up in. That’s right, my mom is moving! After being in the same house for just over 26 years, she’s moving. How do I feel about this? Well kind of sad. I mean she’s moving out of the house I lived in until I went off to college. It’s where I learned how to walk, celebrated my first birthday, rode a bike for the first time, had my first pets, and accepted Christ! It’s where I helped oversee the construction of the playhouse my Grandpa built for Tim and me, I helped remodel the kitchen, I sponge painted my old bedroom with my Grandma, Smokey the rabbit is buried in the backyard (and I believe at least one hamster is lost in the walls…), it’s where I got ready for my Jr. and Sr. proms, it’s where I did summersaults down the stairs and my head hit the wall (not the most brilliant idea), a hundred sleepovers with tents built out of sheets and clothes pins took place there, I had my first cake fight with my best friend (all in good fun of course), I put on dance, singing and modeling shows with friends for our parents, it’s where I performed and recorded puppet shows with my friend Cindy. It’s where I grew up!
 |
| Me and my mom and dad. Kayley totally sleeps like that. |
 |
| My first birthday cake being stolen from me. And I thought my brother and two dear friends loved me. ^_~ |
 |
| My first real bike. I named it Shorty |
 |
| Dressed-up for Halloween, but I wore the Rainbow Bright outfit with friends on many other occasions. |
 |
| Dressed-up for tea |
 |
| My first two rabbits, Smokey and Chocolate |
 |
| Sr. Ball photo op! |
 |
| After the cake fight with my best friend. |
But… I’m not that sad about it all because my mom is moving to the Seattle area! Now that I am truly excited for! So, planning for Christmas is different this year because it involves planning for Kayley and I to stay in Cali longer to help my mom pack up a bit and go through some things. I don’t know how much longer we’ll be in Cali past Andrew, but probably to at least mid-Jan. We won’t be working the whole time. This also gives Kayley and I extra time to spend with Andrew’s folks, and an opportunity for Kayley to meet some of our Cali friends in person.
October this year brings lots of things to plan for and look forward to.
 |
| Me and my mom |
What a sweet post. I love the pictures! They're totally a trip down memory lane. And I totally laughed out loud at <<<(and I believe at least one hamster is lost in the walls…)>>>...
ReplyDelete