Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Solid Adventure

In the beginning of September we introduced Kayley to solid foods. Since then we have given her a small taste (1-2 ounces) almost every day. She really seems to enjoy it. Every time I show her the small bowl of food and her spoon, she gets really excited. During her solid food feedings it’s also been a time of learning for her. Not only are we trying to teach her etiquette for eating solid foods (keep your hands down and off the end of your spoon, don’t chew on your bib, don’t try to lick or bite your highchair, etc.), but we talk about what she is eating. We tell her what she’s eating, what type of food it is, how it grows, what it looks like before it’s made into puree, how we prepared her food (I make all her food), and may other things. Plus we’ve been trying to teach her a few hand signs for all done, hands down, and no. It’s a fun time during our day. 

Here’s a look at what Kayley had tasted thus far in alphabetical order:

Apples: Uh, a bit more please

Avocado: Mommy doesn't like avocado, but I do

Banana: I love bananas!

Carrot: So good! I'm so happy!

Golden Acorn Squash: I'm really not too sure about this one, but it's okay.

Green Beans: Te-he, green beans are tasty

Pears: Pears! Oh my gosh I love them!!!

Peas: I love to get peas everywhere.

Pumpkin: Hmm, pumpkin is alright.

Rice Cereal: I don't like rice cereal! I want something else!

Sweet Potato: Sweet potato is yummy

No allergies so far! We'll continue her solid adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment