Monday, March 19, 2012

First Steps


Kayley took her first step! Last Thursday night she was standing and took a step forward. Within an hour she took three steps in a row. She got super excited about it and then could barely stand up. She was so cute to watch and Andrew and I are so happy we were both there to witness her first steps. I was afraid we would both miss her first steps. I just knew she’d be adventuring out in steps soon and since Andrew and I had a planned vacation away from Kayley for Friday through Saturday I was worried she would take her first steps then. But God is good and allowed us to witness her first attempts.

Kayley got to spend Friday and Saturday at her aunty and uncle’s house with two of her cousins while Andrew and I spent a lovely time at the Salish Lodge in Snoqualmie. We missed her, but did our best to focus on each other, knowing she was probably having a blast and doing just fine. We were told that while Kayley was there, she took five steps in a row! Go baby girl, go!

Kayley is still very wobbly when it comes to walking, but she has only had a few days of practice. You can tell a part of her is interested in being able to walk like mommy and daddy and she wishes she walked better than what she currently does (sometimes she takes a step as if trying to run and lands hard on the floor. Though she doesn’t complain about falling as much anymore). But her desire to get places is overruling this at the moment, and crawling indeed gets her places fast.

On a completely different note; Kayley had her first taste of Japanese food! We went a Japanese restaurant Sunday after church with some friends and let her try an avocado roll, and inari (fried tofu filled with rice). She seems to enjoy the taste of seaweed and inari. When she gets older we’ll be able to share more Japanese food with her!

Kayley: What is this?
Avocado sushi

Inari

No comments:

Post a Comment