Thursday, April 5, 2012

Rain, Sun, Rain


The weather hasn’t been able to make up its mind the last couple weeks. We’ve been going back and forth between rain and sun, and from nice and warm to quite chilly. My head has been driving me crazy (I get barometric pressure headaches aka weather headaches when there is a sudden change in weather). But the nice thing is God has blessed us with breaks of beautiful sunshine. Andrew and I have been trying to take advantage of the nice breaks in weather and take Kayley outside to play.

This led us to discover and explore a fun park near us that is like a little kid’s fairytale playground. I mean it has a tall tower for the princess, and even a dragon you have to protect the castle from. Plus, the only way into the playground is by walking across the draw bridge. It’s pretty cool. Kayley’s a bit too small for a lot of the big playground, but there is a mini playground within the whole area too. She has loved the couple adventures we have gone on there.

Some day my prince will come

Check out the fairytale playground!

Walking with mama

Swing time!

The dragon!
Kayley and I have also been playing out on our balcony more. Her highlights include discovering that hitting a stick against the rain makes music, mommy says no to eating pine cones, and big leaves are really fun to waves around and crinkle. This morning, just while looking out the window, Kayley and I observed two fat and fluffy squires climbing on a stump and the ground. Kayley seemed to be quite fascinated by them.

I can’t wait until the weather it more consistently nice. Then we can go on more adventures outside and take trips to the zoo again! (Yes, this proves I’m a Californian at heart – I don’t like going out in wet weather…)

No comments:

Post a Comment