Wednesday, May 9, 2012

12 and 16 Week Appointments


The day before we left for our CA adventure to help my mom move, I had my 12 week appointment for Cub. I was able to listen to Cub’s little heartbeat, which was 160 bpm. ^_^ Healthy and strong. I got my blood results back from my previous appointment, and it all looked good. Like when I was pregnant with Kayley, my thyroid level was near boarder line for having hyper thyroid. It’s what I expected, and we might have it checked down the road in pregnancy.

Today, I had my 16 week check-up with M. Cub’s heartbeat today was 156 bpm. My uterus is measuring right where it should be at this point too. Basically everything is going really well. M commented that my weight gain has been good and on the minimal side, and that I should keep doing what I’m doing. I don’t really know exactly what I’m doing, but I’ll do my best to keep it up. Hehe

As for nausea, I realized I haven’t talked about that for this pregnancy. Well, I’ve had it, but it’s been different and yet similar to what it was when I was pregnant with Kayley. Thankfully I have no felt like throwing up, or have had a gag reflex. But my stomach has been more sensitive, which has really been annoying. Basically my stomach would hurt really bad when I was hungry and after I ate. I felt like my stomach was constantly in pain. I tried eating different portion sizes, eating more frequently and less frequently, but none of that helped. Thankfully I am past that stage of pregnancy (though I have a sensitive stomach in general and a few allergies I get to continue to deal with).

My nose wasn’t nearly as sensitive this time, but we did ask some friends to help provide some meals for us (thank you so much!!!). I’m not 100% out of the stage of not wanting to eat food that has been at our home for more than 3 days, but have practically passed it. And I think I’m almost out of the clear for really wanting to eat something, eating it halfway through or less, and then loosing complete interest in it. That has been super annoying.

This little Cub though loves bean burritos with no cheese from Taco Bell. I know it’s not much, but they have recently been the best burritos I have ever eaten. One time I could have sworn my burrito was the best thing I had ever consumed in my whole life. Pregnancy cravings, go figure.

Well, in case you’re wondering what the bump has looked like these past months, here’s the pictures!

1 month

2 months

3 months

4 months
Also, if you look to the right near the top of the blog, you will notice there is a poll for you to cast your votes on if you think Cub is a girl or boy. We’ll (hopefully) find out on June 8th during our scheduled ultrasound and let you all know. But go ahead and make a guess. You could end up being right, after all, you have a 50% chance of being right! ^_~

1 comment:

  1. You find out on X's birthday. Good day to find out :)

    ReplyDelete