We
visited Z for Kayley’s 12 month check-up today and received a great report!
Like at her 9 month check-up, she was recorded to be tall, lean and healthy. Here are her 12 month stats:
Weight: 19lbs and 13ozs (25-50%)
Height: 30 and ½ inch (90-95%)
Head circumference: 18inch (50-75%)
She’s a tall one for someone her age.
No wonder why people always guess she’s older than what she is. Z was impressed
with how mobile she is, and her list of words and specific sounds she does for
things; mama, dada, uh-oh, hi, and she recently started saying “ga” for books,
and something that sounds like “woof woof” for dogs. Though she doesn’t do them
all the time, she has those down pretty darn well.
She
also can point at her nose when asked and her foot too. She also knocks when
asked, claps, and she can “shake it baby shake it,” which is what we say when
she has a shaker toy. There are a few other things she does when asked (like, “please
give that to mommy,” and “can you share?”), but she’s still grabbing the
concept of those. Today I actually asked her if she could “knock knock knock”
while we were in the living room. She thus walked down the hall to the hall
bathroom and knocked on the door. I was very impressed since she hadn’t done
that before.
Anyway!
Back to her doctor appointment! So Kayley is doing great for a little one her
age. I told Z that Kayley had been fighting a temperature for about 4 days, and
that when it went away her whole body broke out in a rash that doesn’t seem to both
her at all. I was told this is very normal for little ones and not to worry
about it and that it should be gone in a few days. I forgot what she said it
was called, but it’s very common for 6 month to 2 year olds to get. So yay for
being nothing else!
While
at the doctors Kayley got three shots, one in her leg and one in the back of
each arm. Oh I hate hearing her cry about it. =( I wish there was some way to
explain to her that even though it hurts it’s to help keep her from getting
sick. She recovered quite quickly though, though a pouty look was left on her
face for a while. Before we left to go home, I let her have some time watching
the fish so she could relax a bit more before being strapped into her car seat.
That seemed to help. But she still had this look when I strapped her into her
car seat:
| Kayley's disapproving look |
It
seems very disapproving… Well, her next visit to see Z is when she is 15 months old.
That looks says, "I would have had more fun at Auntie's house."
ReplyDelete