Friday, December 31, 2010

God is so good


God is so good!!! We have been so blessed this year. So, since today is the last day of 2010, I wanted to make a little list of some of the many things I am thankful for. Here it is in no particular order.

1. My wonderful husband whom God has blessed me with. I am so thankful for all he does, and that God put him in my life to be my husband. He is my matching puzzle piece. ^_^

2. For my daughter growing inside me. I am so excited that Andrew and I are expecting a little one. Even though she is not out in the world yet, she had already blessed Andrew and I in many way, and I already love her dearly.

3. I am thankful for the fact that Jesus is my Lord and Savior. And that I can have faith in Him that He is guiding my life even when I do not know exactly where I am going, or what the next stop is. I know His hand is guiding my life and thus I do not need to be fearful of what is to come.

4. For everyone who has/is praying for my marriage and is supporting Andrew and I with encouragement and love.

5. For each of the children in the Sunday school classroom that I teach in, and all the children who were in the Christmas musical. So many of them have such a faith and interest to know God more, that is simply inspiring.

6. For my loving mother who is an inspiration to me and a role model to me as a Christian woman and a mother.

7. For my new in-laws who have graciously made me part of their family.

8. For the time I was able to spend with my family this past year, and to meet part of my new family.

9. This might sound funny, but I am thankful for the library. Since I had morning sickness until halfway through week 16 of my pregnancy, and then two colds after that, I found myself tired, sick and at home a lot. The library has provided me with many books and movies to help keep me occupied when I felt too exhausted or sick to do anything else.

10. For my fuzzy, cuddly, loving cat, Hoshi.

I could go on and one from there, but 10 seems like a nice number to stop at. Except I want to share a few very recent things I am thankful for that have to do with blessing Tadpole.

About a week ago, my friend Sarah was looking for a new home for the crib her youngest has been using. I perked up at this news and voiced I was interested. She thus told me I could have it for free! I was so excited and felt so blessed by this. And the crib is even the color I wanted it to be – white. ^_^ Thank you so much Sarah, for blessing us with a free crib!

And then, on Christmas day, my cousin Kelli brought a box and bag filled with baby clothes her little daughter has grown out of and gave them to me as well. And she told me that she will continue to put clothes aside for Tadpole as her little girl grows out of them. Yet again, I feel so incredibly blessed!!!

I was so excited by the news that over the last couple days I have reorganized part of our home and began to nest a bit. I have been hesitant to nest since out lease is up a month after Tadpole is due, and we’re looking at moving. But I just couldn’t resist. Our living room became an explosion of baby clothes that I laid out to look at and organize by size. 



I then used the shelves that had been holding our “eBay and giveaway” stack of miscellaneous items as Tadpole’s dresser and toy shelf. I had a lot of fun organizing it all, and Andrew was very surprised by my progress when he came home from work (I did give him a head’s up that I was feeling like nesting, so he might come home to a home that is organized and put together completely differently than what it was when he left. He thus told me that as long as I don’t do any nesting with twigs and branches, that it’s totally fine). It’s nice to have a little section of our home clearly be filled with Tadpole’s things. ^_^



Thank you again, Kelli and Sarah! And thank you God for everything you have blessed me with this year. My heart feels overwhelmed with joy and love. ^_^

And for fun, here's me sporting the maternity shirt my mom gave me for Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry that you guys have to move so soon after the little one comes. It has been my experience that clothes on hangers travel well :P all those snaps and zippers make it so its not likely to fall off :P

    ReplyDelete