I grew up taking family and school trips to Kelley Park: Happy Hollow Park and Zoo, and it’s one of my favorite places to go! They recently renovated and remodeled it too. My mom and I check it out in early 2010 right after it reopened. Who’d have thought that in less than two years I would have my own little one to bring along for a fun adventure.
 |
| Driving to Happy Hollow |
 |
| Beth, Tim, Adelyn, Me, Kayley and Andrew |
On December 26, Andrew, Kayley, my mom, Tim, Beth, Adelyn and I went to Happy Hollow. It was a bright sunny, but very chilly day. The two little girls really liked watching all the animals, especially the playful monkeys. They loved playing in the grass, petting the goats, going down the slides, and crawling and scooting all over the place.
 |
| Watching the monkeys jump around |
 |
| Kayley and Adelyn playing in the grass |
 |
| Maimie dancing with Adelyn |
 |
| Slide time! |
 |
| So excited to crawl through a log |
 |
| Checking out the goat together |
We had a fun family adventure together, and Kayley even go to go on her first carousel ride! We spent the whole afternoon at the park. I don’t think the girls were bored for even a second. Kayley was fighting sleeping near the end of the day not wanting to miss anything. But as soon as she was in her car seat, she was out!
 |
| Riding a swan on the carousel. |
 |
| Kayley was out cold before we pulled out of our parking spot |
That evening we were able to spend some time with some close friends for dinner. Kayley got to meet my childhood friend, Cindy, and received a very cute stuffed unicorn. A perfect gift from Cindy to my little girl (Cindy loves horses, and Tim, Cindy and I used to play a game we called “Cat, Horse, Unicorn.” I was the Unicorn. I know you’re thinking “what? Not a mermaid?” But you see we played outside and climbed trees and did all sorts of things that are hard to do with a fin. Plus I really liked unicorns too.). I love that Kayley is finally able to meet many of the people in Cali that love her.
 |
| Cindy was excited to meet Kayley too |
 |
| Close friends, food and fellowship |
No comments:
Post a Comment