Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Task Master with Fun

Kayley and I had to say bye-bye to Andrew on the 3rd. He had to fly back to work, and I stayed in Cali longer with Kayley to help my mom go through some things and pack in preparation for her move to WA. It was sad having to say goodbye to Andrew. It was Kayley’s first time away from her daddy, and my first time away from my husband. But we planned to video chat basically every night and talk on the phone at least once during the day so Kayley could hear and see her daddy (and of course I wanted to see and hear Andrew too!). 

Sad to leave each other =(
But before we dropped Andrew off at the airport, we had to say goodbye to his folks too. We had a nice last day with them, and even got to eat at this salad bar restaurant I like. I think we were all sad to have to say goodbye, but we had planned that Kayley and I would see them once more before we headed back north.

After we dropped Andrew off at the airport we went straight to my mom’s. Since that day my mom has labeled me “Task Master.” I made sure our time was being put to good use. I was staying longer to help my mom out, and that’s what I planned to do. While I was there she took two van loads of things to Goodwill, and one to City Team. And then there were more boxes ready to go to specialty stores, antique stores, the Goodwill, City Team, and our church’s lot sale before I came back to WA. We went through a ton of boxes and discovered things we didn’t even know we had any more. We even came across some of my dad’s old college and work books that we didn’t even know existed!

I also helped her clear out my old bedroom as best we could for the time being so my uncle TJ can paint it, and we went through everything in the attic again and this time put things back into it that are ready to be put into a moving truck. I could always find something for us to do. Lots of time I’d say something like “how about we pack up the guest room’s closet?” and my mom would say it didn’t need to be packed yet because we didn’t have a place to put packed boxes yet. So I would say something like “well, let’s go through the closest and decide what needs to be packed and what we can give away and get rid of.”

Kayley liked to try and help pack too
Yes, I was a Task Master, but let’s face it, my mom is the one who raised me to stay on top of things. =P I love you mom! Though I am more motivated when I’m helping other as opposed to doing something for myself… Anyway!

We took lots of breaks from all our work too. We took Kayley to the park, had a picnic (on a very windy day) at Alum Rock Park, went out for lunch at Olive Garden, played with Kayley, gave the animals lots of love and attention, had friend’s visit, went to visit friends, visited my brother and his wife, and Kayley even had a couple play-dates with one of her cousins.

Play time with Auzzie

Her first time eating a cracker

At the park with Maimie

At Alum Rock after our windy picnic

Yes, Kayley even got to experience the smell of the mineral springs

Boxes aren't just for packing things in. She was laughing after she got used to what was going on.

Meeting and playing with Kathy

Hanging out with the guys

Play-date with Soliel

Fun times!

Meeting Sue

Hanging out with Eddie

Helping her Uncle Jay in the kitchen

Playing with mommy's kitchen

Another play-date with Soliel

I built many towers for Kayley

And she made them all fall down in seconds.
It was a good, fun and productive two weeks! And there’s still more to blog about!

No comments:

Post a Comment