Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Auzzie

My family got Auzzie as a 3 month old puppy during Thanksgiving of 1998 from an animal shelter. My brother Tim and I picked him because he was a playful puppy full of joy. He was in his cage playing with a squeaky soccer ball all by himself, tossing it around and dashing after it. He even brought us the ball and we threw it to him from between the bars. 

Auzzie the week we brought him home
We took him on all of our family trips: camping, road trips to see family, to the ocean, etc. He loved being with us and we loved having him. Auzzie loved flipping treats off his nose, chasing his toys down the stairs, going on walks (unless it meant his feet getting wet), “helping” you do chores outside, and going on car rides. Each of us has so many wonderful memories of Auzzie, the dog who always thought of himself as a puppy. 

Camping near Shasta

Kisses!

Always playful

Kayley and Auzzie
Sadly while in Cali I had to say goodbye to Auzzie for the last time. I’m glad Kayley got to meet him and giggles when Auzzie gave her kisses. And I’m glad I got to be there with him during the very end. Auzzie was the sweetest and best dog anyone could ever have. 

Saying goodbye

Saying goodbye
We love you, Auzzie. Goodbye.



2 comments:

  1. I didn't know, I don't recall your mom saying anything-I'm so sorry to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true - best dog ever!!

    ReplyDelete