For the past two and a half weeks, Kayley has been sleeping in her own room in her crib. No more sleeping in her Pack N’ Play next to our bed and sometimes sleeping in bed with us. We were a little worried about how Kayley would react to the big change, but she handled it a lot better than we thought she was going to.
For the first four days I was the one who went into Kayley’s room to help her realize she can lay back down and go back to sleep on her own. I usually found her standing up, holding onto the side of her crib, jumping. So I would just sing as I laid her back down and would rubbing her tummy and head to help calm her down(she likes it), nothing more.
Andrew took over after that so Kayley wouldn’t learn that if she cries at night, she get’s mama. He’d do the same thing I did. It has been hard for both of us to walk away from the crib, say “goodnight” and “I love you,” while she continues to cry, but she eventually falls asleep again.
We’ve been lucky that the wake-ups have only been typically once a night.
For the past six days neither of us went into her room. In fact, three of those six days she slept from about 9:45pm to 7:00am without waking up at all. The other three days she woke up, cried for about a minute and fell right back to sleep. We’re hoping this continues!
With Kayley moving fully into her room we also decided to make it more of her room. The huge bookshelf that was in there is now in our room, and we’re planning on moving the desk and computer. We also rearranged her furniture and put more pictures on the wall. It’s finally looking like a little girls room!
| Kayley and her room |
| She now has her own reading corner. Andrew reads to her every night in the blue chair. |
| Tad-da! Looks a lot more like a baby's room |
| This is how she usually falls asleep after crying (a picture taking during nap time) |
Last picture is hiLARious Carolyn!! Bum up!
ReplyDelete