Thursday, February 9, 2012

9 Month Check-Up


Kayley and I just got back from her 9 month check-up. I love getting a report that she’s doing great. ^_^ I mean, I know that already, but it’s nice to hear Z say it.

Kayley had a little toe prick so they could check her blood (no tears!). Turns out she’s like her mommy; her iron level is low, but she’s not anemic. Thankfully we just discovered she likes turkey (she doesn’t care for chicken much at all), so hopefully that will help get some more iron in her. Plus she likes olives and I haven’t given them to her in a while, so that’s something else we can do.

Kayley really liked seeing the nurse and Z again, though she did show a bit of stranger anxiety. While there Kayley tore up the paper like usual and did great when Z was checking her out. Here are her 9 month stats:

Weight: 18lbs and 9ozs (50%)
Height: 29inch (that’s 2 ft 5 inches!!) (90-95%)
Head circumference: 17.5inch (50-75%)

She’s tall, lean and healthy!

Z checked out her skin again to see if there were any signs of eczema since last time it looked like she could have it. Right now it looks like it just might be sensitive skin like me, but no eczema. Hopefully she doesn’t have it. We figured she’d have sensitive skin like me. We just put Vaseline and/or Aveno lotion on her after every bath and when her skin looks or feels like it needs it.

At the end of her appointment she got a flu booster shot. Poor girl started crying huge crocodile tears. =( It took her longer this time to recover and it seemed like she was almost looking at the nurse and I accusingly. It was really difficult to look at her eyes. =( Thankfully when we left she smiled at the nurse forgivingly and had already given me several hugs. ^_^

Kayley: Why do they always give me shots when I come here...?
As Kayley’s little reward for being so brave she got to eat an extra mumu cracker and is currently watching an episode of Blue’s Clues. She loves Blue’s Clues. 

Helping Steve find Blue's Clues

1 comment:

  1. They don't remember this round of shots. But most remember the shots at one year old and hold it against the doctors and nurses. I know molly did. It passes... wow in 3 months shell be one year old! Crazy right!

    ReplyDelete