Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Eve


We took advantage of our extra sunny day in Cali since we arrived early. On the 23rd we had a picnic lunch of Togos at Alum Rock Park. Andrew and I had one of our first dates there doing the same thing so we thought it would be fun to do again, and I wanted to make sure Kayley got to go Alum Rock before my mom moves. It was a little chilly, but the sunshine was gorgeous!


Kayley had her first real swing ride and loved it! She had a smile plastered on her face the whole time and would laugh every once and a while too. So cute and precious. We also had fun playing on the eagle and walking around a bit. It was so nice to just soak up the sun. Kayley was probably trying to figure out what the big yellow thing in the sky was. We don’t see it as often or as clearly up in Seattle. 

Swing time!

The eagle!

Soaking up the sun
That night we went to Christmas in the Park with my mom. I grew up going to Christmas in the Park and when I was in elementary school my classes helped to decorate some of the Christmas trees. Since then I have always found it fun to go and look at the decoration different classes and organizations have made (there are a bunch of Christmas trees, and each tree is sponsored by a school or organization and they get to decorate it how they want to). Like always Kayley enjoyed watching all the people that were around her, but she also liked looking at all the lights and animatronics too.

Christmas in the Park

One of the extra-extra decorated trees

Time with Maimie looking at the people and ligths
On Christmas Eve we all took it easy, baked some cookies and helped prepare the delicious turkey dinner. My brother Jay, his wife Amy, and their son Kayden joined us for dinner before we all went to church for the Candle Light Christmas Eve Service. I love how the sanctuary lights up at the end of service when everyone lights their candles to symbolize how Christ’s love spreads from person to person and all around the world.

My mom singing in the choir during service

Pastor John and Chris Christian's last Christmas Eve service before John retires.

Everyone raising the candles


Andrew and I went back to my mom’s after service and had some family time before my mom came home (she works at church and thus stayed to help out with the next service). Kayley discovered the stairs, and on her first attempt climbed up some of them! I was not expecting that! I figured she would have to try for a while before she figured it out, but nope, she just went right on up! She goes up, but hasn’t figure out how she might go down yet and just turns and does her “mama help” sound. 

Kayley in her Christmas Eve outfit in front of the tree

Family photo time!

Up, up, up the stairs.
Andrew and I ended our night with a nice hot mug of hot coco and homemade Christmas cookies. Yummy yummy yummy. ^_^

Hot chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment