Tuesday, July 10, 2012

KidsQuest Museum


Last Friday Andrew took a bus from work to a place called KidsQuest Museum. We met up with Jeff (his former coworker), his wife and daughter. Together we explored KidsQuest for the first time. It’s like the Imagine Children’s Museum in Everett that my mom and I took Kayley to on her birthday, but much smaller. They had a kind of village play area, music play, building, face paint, art and of course water play. 

Making music together

Face paint!

Playing in sand

Climbing on blocks
Kayley and Abby had a fun time running around and playing together. I think they most enjoyed playing in the big building area together. And I’d say Andrew enjoyed that area just as much as the kids. Of course Kayley’s favorite area was the water play. They had smocks for the kids to wear, but Kayley likes splashing so much that it did very little to keep the bottom half of her dry. We ended up doing a wardrobe change and taking her shoes off to dry before we all had dinner.

Kayley and Abby playing together with the balls and blocks

She loves to splash!

Notice how wet Kayley's pants are.
So, yes, KidsQuest is a fun place for kids and Kayley and Abby really enjoyed themselves, and us adults had fun chatting and playing too. However I’d say Imagine Children’s Museum was much more enjoyable. It might be farther away from us, but I think it’s totally worth the drive. As for the KidsQuest Museum, I’d go back, but I think only on their deal days when it’s half off or free. Or a very rainy and wet day outside and Kayley needs out of the house. A big plus for KidsQuest was that it wasn't crowded at all. I don't know if this was due to the beautiful weather outside, or if it's always like that. So that's something to consider too.

No comments:

Post a Comment