Thursday, July 5, 2012

Anniversary


Happy 4th of July! Do you know what that mean? It means Andrew and I had another wedding anniversary! Two years ago I married the love of my life. ^_^ I have to admit sometimes it feels like we’ve been married a lot longer, and at others it seemed like it just happened yesterday.

We had a lovely morning celebrating our union thanks to my niece, Sara, who babysat Kayley for us. While they had fun hanging out together, Andrew and I headed out to have an amazing brunch at Portage Bay CafĂ©. I highly recommend this place (I also recommend making a reservation because they’re a popular place for brunch. I’m glad we only had to wait 5 minutes instead of 20-30). Oh my goodness is the food amazing! And it’s all organic and locally grown too.  I had their vegan banana pancakes and Andrew ordered their banana foster French toast, and we both loaded up with fresh fruit at the toppings bar. Super yummy and delicious!




We went to Pike’s Place Market next and enjoyed looking at all the fresh produce and seafood. The flower stands smelled amazing and we came home with a small bunch of sweet pea flowers, the same kind and color we used in our wedding. We actually arrived home to another beautiful bunch of flowers Sara and Kayley picked for us on a walk. I love having fresh flowers at home. ^_^

At the Market with our fresh flowers

Sweet Peas

Such a beautiful 4th of July!

The flowers Sara and Kayley picked
For the last half of the day we transitioned from celebrating our marriage to celebrating America. We met up with a few friends to enjoy the sun shine at Marina Park. Snow cones were a must in the beautiful sunny weather and kennel corn was an extra plus to the afternoon. Turns out Kayley really likes kettle corn and kept asking to please have some more. When we all sat in the grass to enjoy the weather for a bit, Kayley did her best to keep her feet and legs off the grass. It was pretty funny, but I do hope that she grows accustomed to the feel of grass soon. 

The men and the babes

Marina Park was very popular

Showing off her fireworks shirt

Family 4th of July photo!
After relaxing in the sun we headed to Hsin-I and Daniel’s for dinner. We had hot dogs, chicken, meat balls, corn on the con, broccoli and some tasty varieties of lemonades.  Kayley ate half a corn on the cob by herself, after she ate her hot dog, and asked for more. Finally a veggie she wants more of! I guess we’ll be eating corn more often if it will get her to eat her veggies when they aren’t mixed with ground beef.

We would have loved to stay and watch fireworks with Hsin-I, Daniel, baby Kaylin, Jerjou and Steph, but Kayley had had a long and busy day, and had been up late the couple nights before. So we took the baby home, put her to bed, and stayed up to watch some of the fireworks on T.V. 


We ended our night by looking at the wedding book we created and talking about our wedding day and reading our vows to one another again. Oh what a great way to end the day. I love you Andrew! And I’m looking forward to what God has in store for us each and every day.


Funny facts:
We’ve been married 24 months. I have been pregnant for 15 of those months and a mother for 14 of them. Yesterday was also the start of week 24 for my pregnancy with Cub. Andrew and I both find this all very amusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment