Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Summer Fun


Since the weather has been so nice FINALLY, we have been trying to take advantage of it and get Kayley out of the house and in the sun for some fun adventures. Two weeks ago Kayley and I went to a kid’s concert at Marina Park. She seemed to enjoy the music the band played, but ended up wanting to watch and quack at ducks the majority of the time. I had fun with her as she explored benches, watched people, and continuously tried to get in the lake so she could be closer to the ducks.

Watching the band

Sitting on a bench watching the ducks and boats go by

Running around to the music

Quack! Quack! Quack!

Later that week as a family we went to Derby Day. Kayley got to make her first “big girl craft” at a stand, we had a picnic in the park, watched some bicyclist race, shared cotton candy (which Kayley had no interest in), ran into some friends, Kayley ran through the sprinklers and we all enjoyed the live music (which Kayley danced and clapped to, and then nearly ran up stage). It was a fun family outing that we’ll have to check out doing next year. Then maybe Kayley will be tall enough to go on some of the kiddy rides.

Sporting her new visor she decorated.

The bicyclists

Andrew carrying dinner to our picnic spot while I pushed the stroller and held two snow cones.

Enjoying the sunshine

I love splitting a cotton candy with Andrew. ^_^ It reminds me of one of our first dates

Kayley did not want anything to do with the cotton candy, which is totally fine with us!

Having a blast in the sprinklers
Kayley got to go to the zoo again. And this time it was a Daddy-Daughter outing, and their first BIG outing together. They timed going to the lion area perfectly. Kayley and Andrew were able to see the lions pretty close up as Kayley roared and pointed at them. And when they were at the jaguar exhibit, he walked right past them. Kayley also got to see some pretty colorful birds up close in an aviary section that I’ve never taken her too before. I was told they had a great day out.

Roar!

Checking at the jaguar as it passes by

Pointing at the birdies

Ps. I entered the 3rd trimester of pregnancy today! It's getting closer to when we get to meet Cub!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment