Since
last week was 4th of July-ness, I had a 25 week appointment instead
of 24. I’m glad to say everything is going well, and Cub seems to be doing
fine. Her heart rate was between 158-162bpm. M measured my uterus to find it’s
the average perfect size for a little one to be living in right now. ^_^ And I
am happy to say that I have only gained 10 lbs so far in this pregnancy! I
don’t have a weight goal, but since I didn’t lose all my weight from my pregnancy
with Kayley, I want to keep weight gain on the average-low, but still healthy
side.
I do
have to say that my nurse today was not my favorite. She wasn’t bad or
anything, I just like the other couple nurses I’ve seen a lot better. I say
this because the nurse seemed so brisk compared to the other nurses, and
because she told me I had to schedule to take the glucose test (to see if I have
gestational diabetes). When I asked her if I really had to take the test (I
wasn’t sure if this clinic had a policy about it) she basically gave me a “yes,
of course you do" answer because "it’s a test you take while pregnant.” When I
told her I didn’t do the test with my first pregnancy and didn’t think I
personally needed to for this one, she replied with something along the lines
of “well, you’ll have to talk to M about that and if you decide not to take the
test you’ll have to sign a form saying you didn’t want to take it in case you
do end up having gestational diabetes, so we won’t be held responsible. Blah blah blah.” To say
the least, I was not very happy talking to the nurse… But I like M and was 100%
open to discussing it with her, plus I was curious to hear her thoughts on the
matter.
Well,
turns out it’s totally okay if I don’t take the test. And there is no silly
form I have to sign. M was open to discuss the matter. I told her, like I told
Doc. S with my pregnancy with Kayley, that I don’t think I need the
test because diabetes and gestational diabetes do not run in my family. Plus,
my blood sugar levels are on the average-low side, my urine is sugar free, and
I didn’t have an issue with my first pregnancy. M agreed these were all great
reasons to not want to take the test and actually revealed that she wasn’t
someone who was all for the test either. We then talked about how the accuracy isn’t
always that great and that many women end up having to take a 2nd
longer glucose test only to find out they weren’t anywhere near harm’s way. Plus, for women who are not at risk, there is only a 2-5% chance you will have it.
Anyway!
I’m happy to be steering clear of that test again, and I hope I get another
nurse next time I go in for a check-up. And I really hope that M is the midwife
on call when I delivery Cub. I know who is supposed to be there will be there
though.
Here
are pictures from week 24! I swear I doubled in size! I feel like a whale!
Andrew tells me that I have that nice pregnancy round look going and that I
look stunning. What a loving man. ^_^
| 24 week! That's 6 months! |
| Kayley feeling her little sister moving around. |
No comments:
Post a Comment