Friday, July 13, 2012

Berries, Horse and Swimming


Last Monday Kayley and I took Andrew to Remlinger Farm to pick raspberries (it’s where we did strawberry picking a couple weeks ago). We went right when they opened to miss the heat and have a chance to pick the best berries before lots of people showed up. We timed it perfectly, missing the crows all day.

Walking down the field, about to start our berry picking adventure
Kayley was great at finding red ripe raspberries. Her picking strategy this time was to find ripe berries, pick them (she usually didn’t need help) and then she popped them right in her mouth! She ate at least 15 raspberries. We had a fun time with our joyful girl and picked just over two pounds of berries. I think together we probably ate half a pound while in the field… 

Andrew showing Kayley which berries to pick

Kayley's first pick

She reaches for the berry and picks it and then...

Sticks it right into her mouth.

We enjoyed some too

Picking berries with mama
After berry picking we had lunch at the farm’s restaurant. Since Kayley filled up on berries she ate an extremely small lunch, but had a ton of energy. She had fun playing in the play area, doing puzzles, playing with trains, and riding a horse for the first time. She loved the horse ride machine. At first we just had her sitting on it, but she seemed to like it so much that we stuck a quarter in and let her ride. Oh my, she had the biggest mouth-open smile on the whole time! Her balance was great too. I was holding onto or standing right next to her, but I don’t think I needed to be as worried as I was about her possibly falling off. 

Looking at herself in the funny mirror

So excited to ride a horsey! I can't wait to take her on a real one.
When all of Kayley’s energy was spent we stuck her in the car to go home. She fell asleep almost instantly and finished her long nap after we got home. We then ended our family fun day at the pool. Andrew commented that it was so nice to not have to look at the clock and worry about what time it was. Neither of us knew what time we went to the pool or how long we stayed. We didn’t pay attention to the clock all day until we knew it was close to Kayley’s bed time. It made the day so much more relaxing and fun. 

Daddy helping Kayley into the pool

Swimming with mama

Crazy hair after the pool and bath
I’m looking forward to whatever family adventure we’ll be doing this coming Monday!

Our little helping

Our joyful girl

After a family effort, these are our berries
I hope so too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment