Yesterday
I had a day out. I haven’t had one in a long time, and I figure Cub will be
born soon and Andrew doesn’t work Mondays, so I should take advantage of that
fact while I can. I started off the day meeting up with my mom for a pedicure,
and ended up getting a manicure too (thanks, mom!). We had a nice time relaxing
while our nails were done. I have to say it’s nice to have clean nails. I haven’t
been able to reach them well in a while. And now they’re a pretty dark blue. After
our nail date we had lunch at Panera where I didn’t have to share any of my
food with a toddler (Don’t worry, Kayley. Mama loves you, but it is nice to eat
all of my own meal every once and a while).
| Our toes! |
After that
I headed off to my first acupuncture appointment ever. I have to say the
experience was… weird. I still don’t know what I think of it all the way. Did
it help me relax though? Yes. In fact when I was left to relax for a bit by
myself, I nearly fell asleep! And for those of you worried about how it feels,
I actually didn’t feel much of hair thin needles being used. There was only one
spot I felt it and that lasted for less than a second. My acupuncturist also did
a cupping method on my back. It’s where they put oil on your back and then
suction a cup (in this case a small round jar) to your back and then move it up
and down your back. I think I’ll skip this next time. It felt weird and a bit uncomfortable
while it was being done, but at the same time it felt good too. However, I now
have two long bruises on my back from it that hurt and I’m not sure how much
the method helped.
After
that appointment I had another prenatal massage (I had my first massage ever
last Thursday). This time my body doesn’t feel as sore as it did after my first
massage (it’s a work out for your muscles, and since it was my first massage
ever, and because my back was so tight, I felt really sore the night after my
first massage. I felt really good the day after though). I think my back and
legs are finally loosening up. Andrew mentioned last night that I seemed more
relaxed than I have been in a long time. And last night, I only woke up twice!
That hasn’t happened in months! So yay for my body finally relaxing! And thank
you God for insurance helping to cover these appointments. If Cub isn’t born
yet, I have another appointment Wednesday after my 39 week check-up.
After
my relaxing day out I was able to spend some quality time with Andrew and
Kayley. A perfect way to end a relaxing day.
Don't forget to vote on when you think Cub will be born! Poll is located on the right near the top of the blog. I will be closing the poll Wednesday, so vote while you can.
Don't forget to vote on when you think Cub will be born! Poll is located on the right near the top of the blog. I will be closing the poll Wednesday, so vote while you can.
No comments:
Post a Comment