Tuesday, October 2, 2012

FBC's Fall Conference



Fall Conference was a blast! It was so worth all the prep work to see what God was going to do with it all. The Children’s Program ran smoothly, though I did learn a few things I should have tweaked before hand, but nothing can be perfect. I think the kids all seemed to really enjoy our time together, and I hope they all learned a bit about being part of the body of Christ (part of a community of believers). We focused a lot on getting connected with one another and working as a team to follow God’s plan. And I wanted them to know that I also meant our whole church body (and beyond, but keeping the focus on our church’s body) was a team/community. 

Everyone worshiping together

The kids doing the hand motions to "One Way"
God did amazing things this last weekend, including keeping me energized and focused (and not having Cub arrive early) so I was able to serve Him in my whole capacity while being super preggers. Well, any time a box or table needed to be lifted and moved, I called on my husband or other volunteers. ^_~ I loved being with the FBC kids and seeing them grow spiritually and also in their relationships with one another. They’re a great group of kids. It was also really fun to see Andrew be in charge of games. I haven’t been able to see him serve/work with kids since we were in Japan in 2009, helping out with a VBS. I am so thankful to him and Dawn (who did crafts) who helped lead all the sessions with me. And of course I’m thankful for all the people who were helpers during each session. They were great, and it was fun to see them all help out with the kids because many of them I haven’t been able to serve with before. I am a little sad that I didn’t get to spend any time in the nursery after hearing some of the funny stories or “incidences” that occurred. But the helpers and leads there were great with a room full of 10 little ones. 

Me using "Dude" to help illustrate the body of Christ

Andrew playing and leading games

Dawn leading craft time

The kids!
Many people from church have remarked that they can’t believe I was able to plan and run the Children’s Program while being so close to my due date and with a toddler. I was asked several time how I was able to do it. My answer is I was able to do it because God gave me the strength, energy, inspiration, heart and endurance to do it all. Without Him the Children’s Program would have been a complete flop. But with Him it was wonderful! Every time I have “done something” I’ve know in my head that it was really God who had done it or allowed it to happen. This was the first time that I 100% knew in head-knowledge and in my heart that it was all God. I am so amazed by Him and what He is capable of doing in and through me.

Besides being with the kids, I have to say my highlight was hanging out with the parents in the “house” we stayed in. The house we stayed in we dubbed “The Baby House” because there were five families, and we all have little ones under 3. Every night we’d put our little ones down and then sit in the living room and socialize while we waited for them to drift off into a deep sleep so we could go into our room and get ready for bed. It was so fun to hang out as parents and get to know one another more. This was a highlight for Andrew and me, and we hope that if our church returns to Black Lake, that we’ll be able to have a similar experience in living arrangements. Of course by then we know the number will be at least +2 of what it was this year since I’m due soon and so is one of my friends. 


Fall Conference was great and I’m already looking forward to next year’s Fall Conference!





After the conference we were able to stop by and see the Thompson family on our way home. We totally missed them! They're the ones who did our premarital counseling, and Glen is the one who ordained our marriage. We got to hang out with them for a few hours and even share a meal. It was fun to see all the kids play together too. It was a super wonderful time!

Shilo with all the kids

No comments:

Post a Comment