Monday, January 17, 2011

100

Today marks our One Hundred day countdown marker to Tadpole’s due date! We’ve already made it through 180 days so far, and we’re approaching the third trimester!

I’ve decided to make two lists for you: Struggles thus far, and Joys and Blessings thus far. I want to end on a happy note, so I’m going to start with the struggles.

Struggles:
  • Morning sickness for just over 3 months
  • Two colds
  • Overactive thyroid
  • Sleepless nights
  • Worries about where we’ll be living once Tadpole arrives (our lease is up a month after her due date)
  • Worries on how we can afford and fit what Tadpole needs into an apartment home
  • Wanting to nest so much more than I have, but not being able to since we’ll probably be moving after Tadpole arrives.
  • Constant change in my body shape
  • The roller coaster of a pregnant woman’s emotions that aren’t always explainable


Joys and Blessings:
  • Knowing that one of God’s unique creations is growing inside me
  • All the love and support Andrew has given me, especially on my high emotion days
  • Tadpole’s desire to let me know she’s there by dancing every day (though sometimes it makes it so I can’t sleep…)
  • Tadpole’s strong kicks that help to prove her healthiness
  • All the support we got from people when I had morning sickness and couldn’t prepare food at home
  • Being blessed by friends by unexpected gifts of baby gear and maternity clothes
  • My baby bump that is now clearly a baby bump and not extra pounds
  • The fact that I’m going to be a mom!
  • God using the blessing of Tadpole to grow Andrew and me closer together
  • All the support, encouragement, prayers, etc. that our family and friends give us
  • How Hoshi “watches over me” when Andrew’s not home
  • The ways God has already used Tadpole to grow me spiritually
  • That our OBGYN delivers at NW Hospital, a mere 5 minute walk away
  • For all the ways God is preparing Andrew and me to be parents in a few months
  • The fact that our family is growing


And that’s just the tip of the iceberg! I am so excited that we get to meet our little Tadpole in roughly 100 days. I don’t think I could ever express how blessed I feel for her being our precious little gift from God, or for everything God is doing in my life and in Andrew’s.

Though I want to meet her now, to know Tadpole face-to-face, I know the wait will be well worth it. 

A picture of us after our first ultrasound

A picture of little Tadpole after our second ultrasound
Dear little Tadpole, we love you so much already and cannot wait to have you in our arms. We rejoice in the fact that God has blessed us with you, and look forward to snuggling you in person, watching you grow, teaching you about God our creator, and learning everything we can about you. I love you, my daughter!

5 comments:

  1. You should totally walk those 5 minutes to the hospital when you go into labor...that would be an awesome story. I hear walking helps move things along, too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've actually talked about doing that, depending on how strong my contractions will be. We can always walk over to the hospital before I go into full active labor and just take a stroll around their campus while waiting for active labor to begin.

    Of course we've also talked about the "honey, we're driving and parking near the child center entrance. I don't care if we have to pay for parking, I'm not walking more than I have to!"

    It all depends on how labor goes. And that, no one but God can predict.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But if you walk to the hospital, how will you get home? Walk with a new baby?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nah. Since we only live a 5 minute walk away, Andrew or someone could walk to our apartment complex and get the car. You're allowed to be in the hospital parking lot for 30mins before you have to pay. Plus we'd have to do this because part of the policy at NW Hospital is that they check your car to make sure your car seat is properly installed before letting you go home.

    ReplyDelete