Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Score!!!

This weekend we went shopping for maternity shirts, since my baby bump is getting bigger and well, clothes don’t grow. We shopped for half the day on Saturday and only found one shirt that fits me that I like. Turns out there aren’t a lot of small sized maternity shirts in our area… On Sunday we randomly stopped by a Goodwill store, since they were having a big sale, to see if they had anything that might work. To our surprise we discovered that the Goodwill in Fremont actually has a maternity section. We hadn’t seen a maternity section in the Goodwills and Value Villages we’ve been in before. Sure the section was small, but we did find another shirt that fits me that I like. We only had to pay $4.00 for it too. 

We also couldn’t resist buying three baby girl outfits as well, especially since they were only .99¢ each. And we found the children’s book Dean’s A Book of Fairy Tales (illustrated by Janet and Anne Grahame Johnstone, and published in 1977) with no marks inside, and only a small light crayon mark on the front. We only had to pay .80¢ for it! You can get it on eBay for about $50, and on Amazon.com for about $70. I think we found ourselves a great deal! And I love the art in the book.


To add a strawberry on top of all this (I don’t like cherries), yesterday we received a package in the mail from a seller on Etsy, the online shopping site where you can sell your handmade crafts. I was surfing the site looking at baby things and found the cutest hat, headband, and hair clip set that matches one of the outfits my cousin gave us for Tadpole. I showed the picture to Andrew and brought out the outfit it would go with and he agreed to buy it for Tadpole. ^_^ Isn’t it cute? The hair clip is like the blue flower on the headband, but it’s pink. 

Made and sold by Crochethatsbyjoyce
If you’re curious about Esty, you can check out their main site, or check out some of the seller’s shops of people I know:

My sister-in-law, Beth, sells jewelry she’s made. She’s taking a break right now from her shop since she just had a baby girl this last November.



My friend, Stacey, sells baby quilts she’s fashioned.

And if there is anyone I forgot who has an Etsy store, or I didn’t know you have an Etsy store, let me know!

Also!!! Today is Andrew and my 6 month anniversary! Yay! <3 It's so exciting that we've been married for a 6 months. A year ago yesterday is when he asked for my hand in marriage. And in about four more months, we'll meet our little Tadpole!!! God is so good. ^_^

Photo by Cindy (same friend with the Etsy site)
Photo by ChristanP Photography

Photo by DinCoo Photos

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Ashton! I've been making sure to buy shirts that I can wear after lil Tadpole comes. And yeah, some of the shirts I've bought previously were "normal" shirts that work when preggers. But since we recently looked at those, we thought we'd check out the stuff that is actually maternity clothes. We haven't checked Ross in a while though. Maybe our next lil shopping outing will have to be to Ross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOTALLY agree about the pregnancy shirts... it's extra nice when you can wear the shirts again after the baby's born and then again with the next baby :) I am super addicted to etsy too... thanks for the mention of my shop Carolyn!!! Have fun shopping for your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Stacey. And no problem about the store mention. You make great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with your other friends, I did the maternity shopping early in my pregnancy and ended up just wearing normal shirts with long tank tops underneath more then the maternity stuff. I felt so bad for having wasted money. When It came to nursing I got one of those special snap bra/tanks and found that it really wasn't a bit more convent then just layering my clothing so that I could pull this down or that up..

    The one thing that was invaluable though was a nursing cover. I had one made for me by a friend it bowed out at the top so I could look down and see the baby. I've seen them now that go all the way around you like a poncho. That would have been nice because kit liked to kick while he ate.

    ReplyDelete