Friday, January 14, 2011

Short and Quick

I had a doctor appointment yesterday. It was short and quick because everything is going well. ^_^ I feel good, look good, and my weight is still right where it should be. Since Doc T is a family practitioner, and hasn’t had a pregnant patient in a while, he doesn’t have a Doppler, but he does have a special stethoscope that picks up more than the normal ones do. That’s how he checked Tadpole’s lil heart rate, which was 158bpm yesterday. Doc T got an ear full when Tadpole kicked where the stethoscope was. It made him have to pull back fast since it echoed so loud in his ears. Same thing happened to the nurse (she had never hear a baby’s heartbeat in the womb before, so he asked if she could listen and I said sure) when she had a listen too.

I did have to have a bit of blood drawn again, but not for anything abnormal. I also scheduled an appointment for two weeks from now so Doc T can see me before Andrew and I travel to Cali. We want to make sure everything is still going well, and get a copy of my medical file to take with us in case anything happens during our trip.

After all the doctor fun I went to my childhood friend’s house. I’ve known Sarah since I was a little tyke; we grew up going to the same church, and then both ended up in the Seattle area. She’s moving down to sunny California (I’m jealous she’ll be getting more sun…) soon and I went over to help her pack as much as a pregnant woman can. She graciously blessed our little family with not only the crib I mentioned a while back, but also gave me some maternity clothes, some baby clothes, a changing pad, and two puzzles. Thank you so, so, so, so much, Sarah! I don’t think I’ll have to go maternity shirt shopping again!


Here's a quote from Andrew when looking at one of the puzzles. He was explaining what each animal was in a rather, umm…. interesting way. This was my favorite:

“Lambs are tasty too, and like Jesus!”

Hehehe that can be taken in so many different ways! I couldn’t stop laughing after he said that.^_^

We're partly through week 25 now!

1 comment:

  1. But Jesus isn't tasty, unless you believe in transubstantiation. Lambs are like Jesus (in terms of being a sacrifice); and also lambs are tasty meat.

    ReplyDelete