Monday, March 28, 2011

If you can't nest, shop!

Yesterday was the church baby shower in honor of Tadpole. I can’t wait to tell you all about it! But you know me, I like pictures, and I am waiting to get some pictures from a few people before I tell you about the wonderful event.
                                  
Today, to help ease my nesting urge since I cannot nest, I went on a shopping spree for baby items we still need prior to Tadpole’s arrival, along with shopping for things I need myself either for the hospital or right after we all get back home. I was out a lot longer than planned! But that was due to not being able to move as fast (I now waddle instead of walk from time to time depending on how Tadpole is sitting), and because there were so many sales going on at the stores I went to.

I had to use a LOT of willpower to not purchase unnecessary items for Tadpole that I want just because they’re super cute. I think the hardest thing to walk away from was a Little Mermaid shirt that was actually sized for infants and not toddlers! I really should have bought it… I did end up purchases two pairs of sunglasses for her that were at a great sale price though. Tadpole is now a proud owner of not only the pink pair she received at a baby shower in Cali, but also a blue pair and a white/silver pair.

I am extremely grateful for expectant mother parking at Babies R Us. The parking lot was so crowded today! I would have had to park a long ways away if not for their special spots for pregnant women. I walked out with a diaper pail, so the close parking really came in handy. I bought a few other needed babies items there as well, but the rest of my day was spent at Kohl’s and Target.

I stopped by Kohl’s for myself. I needed a couple more tank tops that fit and actually cover my baby bump since that’s what I tend to wear at home when I don’t go out. As for the Target stop, well I guess you could say that shopping stop was for Tadpole and me. I ended up buying a lot of things on my “pack for the hospital list” including some snack items. I’ll have to store them in our apartment somewhere safe so Andrew and I don’t eat them before the big day! The cutest thing I got at Target is this little notebook that is the shape of a frog. I wanted to make sure we brought something to write on in case I want to draw, play tic-tac-toe, write down important info, etc. I thought it was perfect.

I am also extremely thankful for gift cards. Without them I would made a bigger whole in my wallet.

It was nice being out and about today even though I feel so tired now. The highlight of my day was not shopping though; it was being able to spend a little bit of time with my sister to buy her Jamba Juice on her birthday!

Happy birthday, Heidi! I love you!!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice!! Sounds like you and lil' Tadpole had tons fun!!! Girl time is always a fun adventure :) I'm so excited to meet her in person soon!! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete