Monday, March 7, 2011

Washington Family Baby Shower


Yesterday was Tadpole’s Washington family baby shower! My cousin Kelli hosted it for us, and many of the women and young ladies in my family were able to make it. It was such a fun time and I am so happy my cold subsided enough to be able to make it and not have to cancel. That would have really sucked.

Andrew dropped me (or should I say “us”?) off at the shower, which Kelli had decorated with cute little jungle animals. I loved that one of the main animal characters was a tiger. ^_^ It was really cute. She had a baby sign up that she let me take home. I’d like to put it on Tadpole’s wall if we move into a place where she has her own room. 



I was able to see my Aunt Karen for a bit who built this wonderful Diaper Cake, before she had to leave due to her getting over a cold and not wanting to expose me and everyone else to it. Check out all the baby things she put on the cake. She made all the bibs and the bonnet. You can't see it in the picture, but she even made a Superman bib. Yeah, my aunt knows I like comics. ^_^



Kelli had planned three games for us to play. For the first game, everyone had to guess how many cotton balls were in baby bottle piggy bank. My guess was 72. The actual amount was 81. I guessed closest though, so I won! Whoohoo!


The second game had to do with baby food! Kelli had 9 containers of unlabeled baby food. Everyone had to do their best to try and guess what kind of food was in each container. The only hint we were given was that each container of baby food was only a single item, and that it was a vegetable or a fruit. So we didn’t have to worry about it being “chicken mango risotto,” “plum banana brown rice,” or “tender beef spinach.”  I was able to guess 4 out of the 9 (I got peas, green beans, apples, and pears correct). My Aunt Gail and niece Katie tied with guessing 7 of the 9! Gail graciously let Katie take the winning.


For the last game, everyone was given a paper plate to put on their head. They then had to draw a baby (at any age, and in any position) without looking. This is similar to the drawing game at Tadpole’s first shower, but this time the baby didn’t have to be in a womb, and I was the only one picking which drawing I thought was best. There were some that were really funny. Some that were totally abstract, but you could see the baby in the art work. It was hard to decided, but in the end I picked my Aunt Janet’s drawing. I was very impressed with the hair she drew, and that it was all actually on the head.


After the games we took a little break to fill up our plates with some yummy snacks. And then the gift opening began. Tadpole was blessed with a wide variety of types of clothes, music and some toys. And! We are looking forward to receiving her crib bed set in the mail later this week! It was fun to open all the gifts from those who will be Tadpole’s family, and thinking about who they will be to her (aunt, cousin, great aunt, great grandma). Tadpole indeed has a very loving family who is awaiting her arrival. 

The shower ended with dessert: homemade chocolate chip cookies that you could make into ice cream sandwiches! Kelli had the choice of “real” ice cream, and non-dairy ice cream for everyone. It was so good! I love how each shower so far has featured a dessert having to do with chocolate chip cookies, but all done completely differently. 


Thank you so much, Kelli, for throwing the baby shower for Tadpole! And thank you ladies for blessing the next addition to our wonderful family! It was so great to be able to celebrate Tadpole with you all! I love each and every one of you (and of course this includes those who weren’t able to make it). 



**After Andrew and I got home from the shower, I showed him what each people gave us at the shower. We played music from a compliment that my cousin Joel gave us while we looked at each gift. Andrew got so excited (it was so cute!)! So excited in fact that he pressed down on my baby bump a bit too hard for the way Tadpole happened to be position at the time, that it hurt. He of course immediately apologized and asked if I was okay. I told him yes, but to remember to be a bit gentler. Andrew then said one of the cutest things ever during my pregnancy:

“But I just want to hold her! And see her dancing around in her cute little clothes!”

1 comment:

  1. awwwh, well there isn't a whole lot of dancing to start. But there is alotta wigglin! I'm just waiting for those pics of a tired but goofy faced you and Andrew. With a red, screaming, cuteness wrapped up like a burrito. (my Andrew always called Christopher a cristoreto when he was swaddled) I'm so excited for you two!

    ReplyDelete