Last night I had a horrible time trying to go to sleep. And what do you know? As soon as I was starting to drift off to Wonderland, little Miss Tadpole started a little dance. Well, actually, she started a very active dance. Maybe she was doing a jazz dance or something. I tried rubbing my belly to sooth her, since this has worked at times before. But sadly this did nothing to quiet our little girl down.
So I tried one of the other things that sometimes works to calm her down, or at least slow her motion a bit; I hummed a song to her while rubbing my belly. Usually I sing to her and rub my belly, but Andrew was already asleep and I figured humming had less of a chance waking him up. I hummed one of my favorite quiet songs to her: “All the Pretty Little Ponies” (Kenny Loggins’ version). And it worked! ^_^ Whohoo! Success!
I have played Kenny Loggins’ CD “Return to Pooh Corner” for her so many times in hopes that it would become something that soothes her as it does me. Seems like it worked. I’ve already planned that this CD will be one of the things that is coming to the hospital with us. This just makes it an even better item to be on the packing list.
You can listen to “All the Pretty Little Ponies” in this YouTube video.

No comments:
Post a Comment