Yesterday was the first Saturday Andrew and I have had in months that didn’t have a single thing written on the calendar. We thus decided to take advantage of it! Who knows, it could have been our last Saturday without anything planned and without a baby. There are only a few more weekends left, or possibly none at all before Tadpole comes. Though I am totally looking forward to her coming. ^_^
Andrew and I decided to have a date day. We wanted to get going early in the morning, but unfortunately I didn’t sleep much at all the night before, so we didn’t get out the door until after lunch. Our first stop was the Seattle Aquarium! I love being surrounded by the ocean. ^_^
| Happy to be at the Seattle Aquarium |
We got to the aquarium right before the fish feeding time at the dome tank, so we walked through all the exhibits to make sure I at least could have a seat while we watched the divers feed the fish. They had a short talk before the feeding began, and I thought it was funny it watch some of the fish swim up to the bag of food and pull bits and pieces out the side of it.
| The fish were following the divers around the tank |
We of course went back through all the exhibits and made sure we didn’t miss anything. Here’s a bit of what we saw.
![]() |
| Starfish! Aww, look how they love each other. |
![]() |
| Pretty, bright-colored coral. Andrew says it makes him feel like he's in sunny California |
![]() |
| The lion fish |
| I forget the name of this little guy, but he looks cool! |
| Barney the harbor sea |
I think one of my favorite things this visit was seeing how fast sea otters eat! We got to the sea otter exhibit right after their feeding started. One of the otters had a big chunk of something it was eating, so I thought I’d take a picture of him. He turned around once and it was half gone. By the time he turned around again his meal had vanished! All that to say I did not get a super good picture of him eating, but check out his teeth!
| Nom nom nom. |
We also had fun with Andrew and Tadpole being a jellyfish. I’m sure Tadpole smiled for the camera. ^_~
| Andrew the Jellyfish! |
| Tadpole the Jellyfish! |
After the Aquarium we went to the Troll under the Fremont Bridge. I don’t remember ever being there, and Andrew hasn’t been there before, and we figure since we live in Seattle we should at least go see it once.
Then we had an early dinner at Super Buffet, a Chinese buffet located across the street from the Northgate Mall. It’s a place we kept talking about eating at, and just haven’t. And since we know we’ll be moving out of the Northgate area, we figured we should eat there before we live further away. Tadpole has been making me super hungry lately, so a buffet style meal was perfect after a day of walking. I even ate more food than Andrew! For those who know my eating habits, this rarely ever happens. I did discover that I do not like muscles and that whole baby octopus are pretty darn good.
| My first plate of food |
When we got our two fortune cookies at the end of our meal, Andrew told me to pick which one I wanted. I grabbed both, placed one on the left side of my baby bump and the other on the right side, and then asked Tadpole which one I should choose. She kicked me on the right side, so I received this fortune:
So does this meal Tadpole is going to save me sometime in the future? And if yes, how?
All in all we had a great day being together! It was nice just being the two of us, but I look forward to going on outings like this with little Miss Tadpole.



Sounds and looks like you all had so much fun! And wow! Talk about ominous! Very interesting...
ReplyDelete