Andrew and I decided that once April came we would put Tadpole’s car seat into the car. So this last Sunday night, that’s exactly what we did! Our infant car seat is the Graco SnugRide 30 (B is for Bear).
| Minnie Mouse helped make it more real. She's still in the car seat and I realize when I drive around, whoever is behind me can see Minnie Mouse in my car. I wonder what they all think. |
| Putting in the base |
| Making sure it's nice and secure! |
This week we also finished packing for the hospital for the three of us. Or at least finished packing as much as we’re able. There is a very organized list of “still needs to be packed” on our fridge for the big day. There are two subcategories: me and Andrew. And then under each of our names is a list of things we need to pack for ourselves, organized by what room the item would be found in. We are prepared! And I feel so much better now that we’re packed and ready to go and that the car seat is ready too. The hospital won’t let you take your little one home unless you have a car seat that has been properly installed in your car, and I want to bring Tadpole home!
And today marks 20 days until Tadpole’s due date! WOW!!! Don’t forget to vote on when you think Tadpole will be born. The poll is located on the right near the top of the blog.
Good for you! Adelaide was 2 weeks early and we didn't have the car seat installed or our bag for the hospital packed! I was convinced that she was going to be 2 weeks late...learned that lesson the hard way! I'm glad your prepared! You'll be much more relaxed this way.
ReplyDeletewe had a bear in ours, the thought was that when the child was in the car seat you put the bear in the front seat so you WOULD NOT FORGET your little one was back there.. but forgetting him was nnnnnnnever an issue lol
ReplyDeletejess~
I'm actually one to wait until the baby is born to put the seat in. The reason I do this is because if you get in an accident and there's enough damage to the car, you'll have to replace the carseat...and that would really suck to replace an unused, brand new seat. I'd recommend just putting it on your list of things to put in the car when you decide to go to the hospital. It doesn't have to be buckled in until you're leaving the hospital so you don't have to worry about doing it beforehand. Just my 2 cents :)
ReplyDelete