Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Bit of Organizing


My belly isn’t big yet, as I’ve explained, but after I eat (especially if I was able to eat a whole meal), I’ve already found it difficult to lean over to pick things up. Okay, or maybe difficult isn’t the right word… Uncomfortable? Different? Annoying? I don’t know what the right word would be.

Let me back up a bit. See I have always been a person who gets light headed easily. And with pregnancy comes a higher chance of lightheadedness. So, when I lean and bend over now, there is a higher chance of getting at least a little lightheaded. Plus, if I have eaten recently or had a lot to drink, it tends to make me feel a bit nauseated. And when you lean over when you’re pregnant, a whole lot more is moving with you, and things are getting smashed and crammed inside and it’s a bit uncomfortable. Any pregnant woman can tell you that.

I thus decided to rearrange my dresser draw yesterday. I put all the things that are summer wear, or don’t fit anymore, etc, on the very bottom drawer, and moved the things I’ve been wearing most often up higher to easy access drawers. I imagine I’ll be doing this a few more times as my size changes and what I wear changes. But I’m happy I did a bit of the reorganizing now. ^_^

On an exciting note… that Andrew doesn’t even know yet (which is why I waited until he was on his way home from work to post this) is that I was able to make dinner for us tonight!!! Whoohoo!!! I am so excited! I didn’t make it all from scratch per say, but I did throw it all together. It’s my little surprise for Andrew when he gets home tonight. ^_^

You see, we had some spaghetti meat sauce in our freezer, and some stewed veggies left over from the dinner Andrew made last night. I simple sautéed some carrots, zucchini and a small bit of onion in a pot, then added the leftovers, plus some chili seasoning and some black beans, and wa-la! It’s a chili concoction!! I just hope it taste good… I usually cook by smell, but since my nose is still sensitive, and smelling food too much still makes me feel nauseated, I have no idea if I added the right bit of chili powder, or if I should have added something else as well… Of course I had the fans going and the windows open to help me get though making our meal. Oh, and I am cooking some rice right now that we’ll put it on top of. I really hope it taste wonderful. This is the first full on meal I’ve made in nearly two and a half months!!! So you can see why I’m excited. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment