Thursday, November 18, 2010

Doctor Update


We went to the doctor’s yesterday for a follow up appointment after having blood drawn again to check my thyroid. To make a long story short… I had to have my blood drawn again because my thyroid is still overacting and in the zone of “you need to pay attention to me, but I’m not super dangerous.” We’ll have to wait a bit for the results and see where we go from there. We might just have to keep an eye on it during my pregnancy.

I’ll be getting some more blood drawn later today for the 2nd trimester blood screening test they do. It’s basically a repeat of the big blood test they did during my first trimester.

Want to know about my nausea? It’s been gone for just over a week! I’m hoping it’s gone forever. ^_^ And my cold symptoms are basically all the way gone now too, so I’m almost back to normal. I can’t wait to have more energy return so I can go visit family and friends, run errands by myself, do housewife things, and more! I would have announced that my nausea was gone sooner, but I was afraid it would come back since I had a few half weeks in there without nausea. But it seems to be gone. I’m still dealing with my normal sensitive stomach issues, but those should be a lot easier to manage without the nausea and cold. My normal stomach issues still seem to be slightly more sensitive than normal, but I’ll blame that on the extra pregnant hormones.

Now it’s time to gain weight! And yes I think this is the only time you’ll hear me (or see me type) with excitement that it is time to gain weight. Last night at Bible study I think is the only time I will ever write a prayer request to gain weight. Why am I so excited again weight gain, you ask. Remember how I lost weight at the beginning of my pregnancy? Well, I finally gained all that weight back, plus one pound! But I still need to gain more weight for my pregnancy. In fact, my doc wants to me do my best to gain about 10 pounds in the next months. I’m thinking Thanksgiving should help with this. But my appetite has finally seemed like it has returned. I’d say it’s official return date was two days ago on Tuesday when I ate 3 slices of chicken pot pie, and some left over Mexican tostada with chips, and a few other things. That’s a heck of a lot of food for me!!! And yesterday I ate 4 slices of pizza for dinner when I usually only eat 2. So, yay for appetites! ^_^

Want to know some more exciting news? I just scheduled our 2nd ultrasounds! This is the ultrasound where we will learn is our little Tadpole is a girl or boy. So exciting! I cannot wait to find out. ^_^ But this almost makes me curious as to what you all think I might be having. Thus, I ask you to direct your attention to the right of this blog where you will see a poll where you can cast your vote! The poll will be up an available for the next two weeks. I’ll let you all know what we discover shortly after we find out. Until then, stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to find out what you're having!!! I am guessing boy, but only a couple weeks to go! Yay! Wow, I used a lot of exclamation points...

    ReplyDelete
  2. so excited for you guys! I think either would be awesome but something about Andrew doting on a little puff pink clad baby girl makes me grin.. I'm voting chicka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The boy and girl votes are tied again! This time it's 7 to 7. Maybe we're having twins (a boy and girl) and don't know it. Who knows, a little one could have been hiding in the first ultrasound.

    Keep on voting! This is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh! The anticipation!! I can't wait to find out either:) I will be praying for you!! Stomach issues are BLAH! But, yay for chicken pot pie! I think yours is still the best I have ever tasted:)

    ReplyDelete