Monday, November 15, 2010

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom


Christmas is approaching, and I’ve been asked to make a wish list. This used to be an easy task, or easier at least. But my outlook on life has changed a bit, and I mostly only want necessity things. At to tell the truth, that list is pretty darn short when I’m told to make a list for ME that doesn’t include lil Tadpole. I mostly have thought of Target and Safeway gift cards. Or even a PetSmart one to spend on Hoshi for her kitty needs. But since I was asked, I thought I’d try to go ahead and create a list. I took the idea my brother has used the last couple years and created an Amazon wish list.

Now, I’m used to only buying movies, books and music on Amazon, but it is my goal to try and branch out. Most people who know me know I have a movie addiction. It’s not as bad as it used to be since I went on a two year streak of not allowing myself to buy a single movie for myself. But there are still movies I’d like, so I figure it’s okay to ask for them. After I did that I just stared at the Amazon site trying to figure out what to add to my wish list next. I tried looking at their purses, since mine is starting to fall apart, but would rather check those out in person.

And then it came to me! “Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.” I think it’s safe to say this book (see pic below), is my favorite kids book, or at least one of my top favorites anyway. I’m really surprised I didn’t own this book as a child, and that I don’t own it yet as an adult. So I added it to my wish list. And yes, this would be a book for me that I could share with Tadpole.



Well, from there I thought of other awesome kid books like “Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?”, “How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight?”, “The Monster at the End of This Book”, “Spot Goes to the Beach”, “Ladybug Girl and Bumblebee Boy”, “Down By the Bay”, and so many more. My wish list currently contains 51 items. 35 are children’s books. 3 other items are baby related. And only 13 of those items do not relate to children (except for a maternity shirt I want that I guess technically relates to children). 








What does all this tell me besides I can’t figure out what *I* want for myself? It tells me I really want to make a baby registry. Which is very true. I really do want to create a baby registry. Andrew and I have already visited Babies R Us once, and we’ve been checking out baby/kid things at other stores as well. But we’re holding off on creating a baby registry until after we know if we’re having a girl or boy. Why you ask? Because part of what we register for (in our opinion) depends on if we’re having a girl or boy. And no, if we’re having a girl we are *not* going to get everything pink. I’m not a huge fan of the color…  We’ll probably mostly get gender neutral items, but the point is, we want to know before we register. And we probably have about a month before we find out.

And yes, we will share if we’re having a girl or boy. However, the name shall be our little secret until our child enters the world. ^_~

Oh, and if you have not checked out any of those children's books, I suggest you do. They're all a great read. Especially "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom."

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you have such excellent taste in children's literature, that bodes well for Tadpole. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, thank you, Sarah. What can I say? I love kid books! I think one of my favorite Child Development classes was my children's literature class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE "The Monster At The End Of This Book"!

    ReplyDelete