Monday, November 1, 2010

"If the Shoe Fits"


My fit jeans don’t fit anymore! And my loose pair are starting to get snug. My baby bump is growing, and I think it’s exciting, even if other people can’t tell I have a baby bump yet. I told the kids at church that are involved in the children’s musical (I’m one of the directors again this year) that I’m pregnant, and that if I start looking like I’ve been eating pizza and burgers, that’s totally not the case and they better not call me fat. Then one of the kids looked at me and said “You don’t look pregnant.” I had to explain that I’m only 14 weeks pregnant and that pregnancy doesn’t start to show in women (typically especially with their first pregnancy) for a couple more months.

Along with a slightly bigger belly has come the inability to find a comfortable position to sleep in for the night. I’ve found myself waking up a lot more than normal just to change sides and try to figure out a position that is comfortable to sleep in. I really didn’t think this was supposed to start happening until later into the pregnancy, but I guess I was wrong. On a totally up note, Andrew and I have loved that we can at least tell that I have a little baby bump. ^_^

On a different note, today is my brother Jay’s birthday… So… HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JAY!!! Love you!!!

And last, but definitely not least, my best friend, Alison had her baby girl yesterday! I can’t wait to meet little Soleil, but unfortunately that won’t happen until sometime in 2011. She looks so adorable! Before she was born her nickname was (is still?) Gummybear. I told Tony (the father), that I’ll have to call her “Pumpkin” now since she was born on Halloween.

Me and my best friend at Andrew and my CA reception in August. Funny this is that we had no idea at this point I was pregnant too. So this is the only best friend baby bump pic we have, and we didn't even know it!   

 And since yesterday was Halloween, here a pic of me in my retro outfit for my Bible study's "retro night," and a pic of Andrew and I. Enjoy!


6 comments:

  1. Omi word, I am digging the retro outfits Vogels', especially the wrist bands! Thank you for the good laugh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yay, your friend had her baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a lot of trouble getting comfortable at night during my pregnancy too. It was probably a bit drastic, but we bought a Tempurpedic mattress during my first trimester, and I'm so glad that we did. I wasn't nearly as uncomfortable as with the regular mattress. I did however still use a lot of positioning pillows; one between my knees, and one at my side/under my belly. I know they make special pregnancy pillows, but I just used ones we had around the house.
    It's amazing how many body changes you go through even early on. Like all of the joints and ligaments in your body loosen up to make room and make it easier when your belly is bigger, but you can still feel the effects at 14 weeks.
    But I would definitely recommend trying a pillow between your knees to see if that will help at all. Getting a good night's sleep is really important.
    Take care and good luck! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Clodia! I actually tried one of our throw pillows between my knees, but it was a bit too big. I have been thinking about buying a pillow. The last two nights I've used a folded up fleece blanket, and that has seemed to help a lot.

    And I'm glad you all enjoyed the retro outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the story behind the best-friend picture!!!

    ReplyDelete