So it
turns out Kayley is allergic to eggs. Just over a week ago we introduced eggs
to her. Thankfully she does not go into anaphylactic shock or break out in
hives, but eggs do irritate her digestive system and gave her a bad tummy ache
that also resulted in her having diarrhea for nearly a week. Poor baby girl. =(
We’ll
still have to experiment and see if she can have some egg mixed with lots of
things (like a cookie from a cookie recipe that requires an egg). But for now
we’re giving her tummy and little system a break. I was really hoping she
wouldn’t be allergic to eggs, but knew it was possibly since I am slightly
allergic to them. I really hope she isn’t allergic to milk like I am. =( We
also have to check out peanuts and peaches still. So far it seems her system is
fine with wheat, thank goodness. I hope eggs is the only allergy she has, and
that it will turn out that she can have it mixed in things, or better yet, grow
out of the allergy.
On a happy note, I made banana bread last night, nixed the eggs from the recipe and just added extra banana and a bit of apple sauce (since I didn't have enough bananas to totally substitute the eggs), and Kayley loves it!
On a happy note, I made banana bread last night, nixed the eggs from the recipe and just added extra banana and a bit of apple sauce (since I didn't have enough bananas to totally substitute the eggs), and Kayley loves it!
No comments:
Post a Comment