Friday, June 1, 2012

Visiters


As I’ve mentioned, Andrew’s folks came up for a visit so they could attend Kayley’s dedication and her first birthday party. Kayley got to play with her Grandpa and Grandma V for a whole week! And she loved it!

The sad thing is, Andrew, Kayley and I all caught colds right when they arrived - this also means there aren't a lot of pictures since I don't take pictures when I don't feel well. Thankfully they weren’t too bad, but mine was enough to take me out for most the week (being pregnant and having a cold is exhausting). So sadly we didn’t get to go to the children’s museum, or the fairytale park like I originally planned. The good thing though is that I was able to go nap and rest and leave Kayley to play with her grandparents (Kayley barely had the cold, so she wasn’t slowed down much, just extra grumpy). Thanks to them, we all were able to recover before Kayley’s party. Plus, they helped me go on some errands and went on some errands themselves while I prepped stuff at home.

Even though our week wasn’t full of special outings, Kayley had some great play time with her Grandpa and Grandma V. I think her favorite play time was when all the blocks were out and they would build towers for her to knock down. 

Before

After
All this playtime and face time has really helped Kayley remember who her Grandparents are. We show her pictures and talk about them, but man oh man did the week visit really help their faces stick. A few days ago we had a video chat with them, and Kayley was super excited to see their faces and hear their voices again. She even said “hi,” waved right away, and pointed and said “oOoOoo!” All other video chats prior to this visit she was happy but not this happy. 

Playing with Grandpa and stealing his hat

Giggles with Grandma

All smiles!
Hopefully the next visit we’ll all be in tip top shape to go on adventures!

***You have less than a week to vote on if you think Cub is a boy or girl! Votes are anonymous, but you only have until June 8th to make your guess. Poll is located on the right near the top of the blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment