Here’s
the picture blog I said I’d do of my mom’s flowers, and a walk through of the
house I grew up in after everything was taken out and then it was cleaned.
Enjoy!
The House
 |
| The House |
 |
| The beautiful front yard |
 |
| My family (mostly Jay) did the rock wall and rock path. |
 |
| The two fountains |
 |
| Entryway |
 |
| Inside view of the entryway |
 |
| The living room, with a wonderful bay window (the cats loved it) |
 |
| The dining room. That sliding door used to be a window. |
 |
| The kitchen! We remodeled a while back. I say "we" because a lot of the work was done by family and close friends. |
 |
| Kitchen and kitchen table area |
 |
| I helped put the Ikea cabinets together. |
 |
| The view from the kitchen window. So nice to look out to the backyard while cooking or washing dishes |
 |
| The family room. Many of movies and games were played/watched in this room. And many sleepovers with sheet-tents happened in this room too |
 |
| The guest bedroom, which used to be the sewing/craft room |
 |
| Downstairs hallway. Laundry room to your left, closet to your right, the stairs and living room straight ahead. |
 |
| The laundry room. The cats would eat on the left counter |
 |
| The garage. Never had I seen it this empty or clean before |
 |
| The other side of the garage. My grandpa built those cabinets |
 |
| Back to the stairs! |
 |
| My bedroom! Though it was sponge painted before the house went on market. I sponge painted it with my grandma. Before that this room was mine and Tim and there was wallpaper with bears holding balloons |
 |
| Still my room. That's be the closet door |
 |
| My walk-in closet door and the door to the hall. |
 |
| The view from my bedroom window |
 |
| I loved when it was sunny |
 |
| So beautiful |
 |
| Yup, on a clear day I could see the hills |
 |
| Jay, then Tim's, then Jay and Amy's room, and then a guest bedroom. The yellow wall used to have wood panels. When Tim lived in this room he had this very long dino poster up. |
 |
| My mom's bedroom |
 |
| My mom's bathroom. My Uncle TJ remodeled it right before the house went on the market |
 |
| The hall bathroom. Jay remodeled this one. (I forgot to take a pic of the downstairs on he also remodeled) |
 |
| Originally Heidi's room, this changed into my dad's den, and then my mom's office/craft room |
 |
| The view from the den |
 |
| My mom loved being able to look at the hills while sitting at the desk |
 |
| Going back downstairs |
 |
| The backyard (with my mom doing some fine pick-up) |
 |
| The corner of the backyard |
 |
| This tree used to be a lot bigger, but we had to cut it down a bit due to a huge ant nest and the tree getting sick. Thankfully it grew back healthy and the ants aren't as bad on or around it anymore. |
 |
| The backyard looks so empty without all my mom's potted plants and |
The Garden (my mom could name all these, but I cannot):
 |
| Bird of Paradise - We'd always take on to church on Easter to put in the cross everyone put flowers on for Jesus |
 |
| Jasmine - I loved the smell of these |
 |
| Gerber Daisy - one of my mom's favorites |
 |
| Gerber Daisy |
 |
| Nasturtium and some sort of daisy |
 |
| Ice Plant |
 |
| Rose next door |
 |
| Rose next door |
 |
| Rose next door |
 |
| Rose next door |
 |
| Tulip |
 |
| Tulip |
 |
| I think these are a type of purple daisy. My rabbits liked to eat them |
No comments:
Post a Comment