Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cali Trip Day 1

Thursday, February 3rd, 2011
I ended my last post telling you about Tadpole’s activeness the morning of our flight. She woke me up at 4:30am! And that was after going to bed at midnight and having trouble going to sleep. I figured we had a two hour flight to San Jose, so I’d sleep on the airplane and catch up on some ZzZzzs that way. Yeah, that didn’t happen.

I’ve flown a lot, and it wasn’t until flying pregnant that I realized how little back support the seats give you. Usually I curl up on the seat and am totally fine, but I was not able to get myself in any of my normal positions due to my baby bump. I tried to snooze and maybe got 15 minutes in, but I gave up near the end. Other than that, flying pregnant was just fine. I think little Tadpole was startled when we took off though. We were sitting right behind the wing, so you can really hear and feel the engines powering up. I believe it caught our little girl by surprise judging by the movement she made right when it started.Poor little thing. =(

We took off from Seattle in this

And landed in Cali in this! ^_^

After we landed and got our rental car we met my mom for lunch at Sweet Tomatoes. I really wish I remembered to take out my camera and take some pictures. But I was so tired my mind was not fully functional. It was so good to see my mom again! We hadn’t seen her since our CA reception in August. She was excited to see us too, and see the baby bump. Sadly Tadpole was taking a nap, since she was so active earlier the morning, so my mom didn’t get to feel her kick that day.

After a lovely, delicious lunch with my mom (we really need a Sweet Tomatoes or Fresh Choice up here…), Andrew and I got back in our rental car and headed to Seaside to spend the first part of the weekend at his folk’s house. We were both soaking in the sunshine and heat, and I think I fell asleep in the car for a little bit. It was so gorgeous! We both really miss California. Not just the sun, but the landscapes as well.

When we got to Seaside we took a little detour and stopped by Glen and Shilo’s new place (Glen was the pastor who married us). They just moved from WA to CA, and now live about 2 blocks away from Andrew’s parent’s house. Crazy! It was fun to see their new home and church where they will be serving the Lord. Both kids were napping, so we set up a lunch date for Friday.

Then we went to Andrew’s parent’s house. It was great to see Mark and Karlyn again too. And to tell you the truth, I was extremely tired at this point, so I don’t really remember much of what happened…. But I do remember that Mark and Karlyn made a fabulous fajita dinner! Andrew had fun getting old books and toys down from the attic to see if there was anything Tadpole might enjoy. It was fun to go through the stack of Golden Books he grew up with. I also remember that I fell asleep as soon as my head hit my pillow, and that I had the most decent amount of sleep that night compared to the three previous nights. 

Oh yeah! And while waiting at the airport to board, Tadpole was pushing out with her hand, and doing a palm to finger tip movement with her fingers spread out. It was so cute! I was able to put my finger in her little palm as we pushed back and forth for a while. ^_^

Cali Trip Day 2 to come late!

No comments:

Post a Comment