Monday, February 21, 2011

Giggles


At church yesterday, Tadpole was dancing around like crazy when Pastor Mike was speaking. I couldn’t resist looking down every once and a while to watch her movement when it was strong enough to make my bump bulge. My friend, Alicia, who was sitting next to me, noticed I was paying an ample amount of attention to my belly, so she started watching too and we were smiling back and forth at Tadpole’s little movement that could be seen. THEN! Tadpole all of a sudden kicked really hard on the right and then hard on the left, making my belly look like waves in the ocean. We both looked at each other and then started giggling in church (Mike, I swear we weren’t giggling at anything you had to share! I loved your sermon yesterday!), trying not to laugh too loud to disturb anyone. Alicia then wrote a note to me saying “she’s alive!!” which made me smile too.

Yup, our little one is alive! And still kicking strong. I have a doctor appointment on Wednesday with Doc. Slack for a check-up. I’m supposed to eat a big meal before I go in because they’ll be taking blood for the third trimester blood check-up and seeing how my blood sugar level is. If my blood sugar level is totally fine then I won’t have to take one of those nasty sugar drinks to see if I have gestational diabetes. It doesn't run in my family and I'm a healthy woman, so the chances of me having it are very minimal.

No comments:

Post a Comment