Tuesday, February 8, 2011

We're Terrific!

We’re back in WA, and happy that some of the Cali sunshine came back with us. We had a most wonderful blessed trip, but there will be a post on that later. For now I thought I’d give you a short update on Tadpole since I just got back from a doctor’s appointment with Doc S.

Great news! Everything is going terrific! Tadpole’s heart rate was 146bpm, which he said is slightly slower than last time I saw him two months ago, but completely normal. Her heart rate is still in the average/good range, and as babies grow, their heart rate lowers slightly. So, no worries at all on that front. Also my uterus growth is right where it should be for this time in pregnancy (just about to enter week 29), which was 30cm. Yup, Tadpole is taking up some space and squishing all my organs!

I asked Doc S. if he was able to tell what position she was in at that moment, and he said it felt like she was head down. That made me happy to know. Though I know she can still move around, but being head down is something I am personally happy for. I would prefer not to have a breached baby...

I have another appointment set up for two weeks from today. I was told that I need to eat a big meal an hour or two before I come in because I’ll be having some blood work done. I’m fine with blood work, and knew I’d be having more taken from me soon since I’m in the third trimester now. What makes me happy right now is Doc S. doesn’t see a point in me doing the gestational diabetes screening that involves drinking a very sugar gross tasting drink. Since my family and I do not have a history of gestational diabetes or diabetes in general, and my blood sugar level is in the average range the chance of me having gestational diabetes is extremely low. My blood sugar level will be tested again in the blood screening in two weeks, so we’re good.

So there you go. Both Tadpole and I are doing great! She’s still very active and loves to dance around. In fact, the morning of our flight to Cali Tadpole woke me up 45 minutes before our alarm went off at 5:15am. She was doing somersault, or something!! I couldn’t believe how active she was being! I mean she usually is a little active around 5:30 or 6am, but she has never woke me up like this before. Kept me from sleeping, yes, but never woke me up like this before. She made it so I was very very tired the day of our flight. But hey, she’s healthy and kicking. She’s working on her muscle tone and that’s great.


Here's a little taste of what's to come once I blog about our Cali trip:

Enjoying the Cali sun and the BEACH!!!

You'll notice this is the blog's new banner. I had fun writing her name in the sand

Shadow pic time!
We really missed being at a real beach that is actually made up of sand and not pebbles and rocks. Cali beaches are the best!

2 comments:

  1. wonderful good news!!! :>)
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading the update, so good seeing you guys! You are a blessing to our family. Miss you already~

    ReplyDelete